Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

R34 gt-t

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Yup ordered the forked ones but these are for a gts which have the hole... just had a quick look under the car to confirm my suspicions lol
From what I understand the gt-t has the same rear end as a gtr with HICAS and so forth but the gts does not

By thrown out you mean this brand is rubbish or just that coilovers wear out quick? My mechanic runs these in his r33 and hasnt had an issue with them although his is more of a track car

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
nah just coilovers in general. they fk out SUPER quickly. teins would have to be the most notorios. we used to call it "the tien knock" basically, users drop them them down to "low as all fk setting" then the bump stops inside the shock punch themselves to death for 50k kms then leak all the oil out then "knockety knock knock knock"

fkn hate coilovers.

we used to supply/fit teins, so i know how they drive brand new, but i can safely say ive never driven a nicer skyline than one with stock nismo shocks and srpings.

edit* plus the ones you have have not got helpers or progressive springs. so they will be pretty stiff.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Yeah these ones are the "racing" ones which are a step up from the street series... see how it goes with them anyway seeing as i do 40K of driving a year

Current plan is to drop the front about 1in and the back 0.5in and leave it there until i get some 18s down the track and even then not sure i'll be going much lower anyway

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
see if you can find some helpers:
stnc-helpersprings.jpg

they look a bit flimsy and silly but they will soften the small bumbs and significantly increase the life of the shocks. you just need to measure your OD and ID, pretty sure most helpers are generic.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Never thought of that... From what I had read about them they were only used to keep the spring seated where necessary and have no effect on the spring rate
That and if you get an assist spring its supposed to go in fully compressed which would only really help you in rebound if at all

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
yeah just talking to hak about it in chatbox, i once took a set off a dud set of teins and stuck them on another set of differently branded coilovers. i tightened up to about 40mm between coils and once the car was on the ground it still had 10mm between coils. the customer was happy (bitching about it being too stiff) and i was happy cos' i didnt need to buy new shocks/springs.

HOWEVER! that was a long time ago, and im not sure if there are a few placebo effects going on. i cant even remember what car it was on, may have been an evo, may have been a 34, pretty sure the car was white though, if that helps. :p

so in summary, do some research :p i miiiiight be talking shite.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Lol it's all good... I'd rather someone who knows what they are doing talking shite than someone repeating what his retarded mate once said lol

I had a look around just to see and this site didnt seam to mention comfort so I dunno... I'll leave them as they are for now and see how we go, the damping is adjustable so not planning on running anything super stiff
Assist / Helper Springs by Swift Springs USA

edit: http://www.eibach.com.au/motor-sport/ers/

if you are talking about tender springs then you may very well be onto something there ari lol

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
So coilovers are all sorted now. Just had to swap the bottom of them over which took all of 10 minutes. Should be putting them in around 2 weeks from now as that should give them a week to settle before the wheel alignment

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
good stuff. any idea what spring rates they are?

just remember when they go in, they ride awesome, but arent "comfy"

i daily mine with ~11k + ~6k springs, and its definately not unbearable