Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radiator lid fulll of sludge

keithy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Holden Caprice 2006
Well temperature gauge is showing just under half

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
For all saying it's a guaranteed Lower Intake Manifold Gasket, My series 1 VT never threw a LIM gasket.
When my coolant looked like the original post, it turned out to be coolant with the pellets from Holden. Unless the system has been flushed recently, I would not guarantee it to be the LIM gasket.

keithy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Holden Caprice 2006
So it will need a new lower intake manifold gasket? A mechanic will be needed for this job right??

keithy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Holden Caprice 2006
Yous reckon I will really need to do anything? My father reckons just leave it for the next owner XD
Well any instructions on the flushing process?

Vt v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6
I just changed my intakes with ease and a bigger radiator put in full alloy stock radiators are **** , ya looking 550 mech or 100 bucks to do it ya self its simple job at the end of the day when u done it couple of times check ya heads too mech charges 1200+ for head job or 200 ya self, I wouldnt listen to ya father and I would never buy a car off him.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I just changed my intakes with ease and a bigger radiator put in full alloy stock radiators are **** , ya looking 550 mech or 100 bucks to do it ya self its simple job at the end of the day when u done it couple of times check ya heads too mech charges 1200+ for head job or 200 ya self, I wouldnt listen to ya father and I would never buy a car off him.

Stock radiators are fine. Never had a problem with mine and it's been there for as long as I can remember. At least 10 years.

Drain the coolant, fill it back up with water and run it for 10 minutes and let it cool down and drain it again. Then fill it up with proper coolant.

keithy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Holden Caprice 2006
Im guessing lift the car using jack, and there should be some connect under radiator where u can release water inside. Close it backk up, fill it with water. Empty again, and fil with proper coolant right?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Don't even need to jack the car up. Just pull the bottom radiator hose off and put it back on (obviously undoing the clamp etc).