Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radiator lid fulll of sludge

keithy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Holden Caprice 2006
Just got quoted $139 from Ultratune, So expensive

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Any video tutorials on this? Sounds more of a professional job, i thought it was as simple as removing the hose at bottom and release junk from inside, the running hose through radiator to clean the radiator, then release again, then filling up with engine coolant,
That's why I said post #24.

That's not expensive yet. Wait until some thing actually needs fixing.

D

devilly

at least you have good people on here giving you the correct advice :) and if you do it yourself and do it properly then you will gain experience and confidence.

just have a look at the parts on your car formalize yourself with the job to do.

shouldn't cost too much if all you have to buy is thermostat and gasket and coolant.

only have 2 bolts to undo on the thermostat cover,clean both sides of where the new gasket goes.
take out the thermostat is easy it just pulls out.make sure you remember the way it comes out and put the new one back in the same angle.

billythakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II Executive
Most of that would be labour (an hour min) , it's not a 5 min jon

Most radiator shops will charge 100-120 to do it but it sometimes it's peace of mind knowing it's done properly and nothing missed that may cause bigger issues and more expense later on

keithy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Holden Caprice 2006
Most of that would be labour (an hour min) , it's not a 5 min jon

Most radiator shops will charge 100-120 to do it but it sometimes it's peace of mind knowing it's done properly and nothing missed that may cause bigger issues and more expense later on

Exactly, i do not want to destroy my engine. The advice is fantastic! Without yous Im screwed ahah

keithy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Holden Caprice 2006
If i was to even try this process, i reckon i would need pictures/and maybe videos

D

devilly

around $50 for a book with picture's and diagram's , if you think you need the extra support while doing the job.

plus you will have it for any other jobs that come up.

ring around you may get one on sale for $30.