Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radiator lid fulll of sludge

Bronson3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
search lim gaskets
there are about 100 posts

He suggested this for me too
It was the solution as well! I'm 19 did it myself was a breeze and after that + several flushes she cleared up.

keithy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Holden Caprice 2006
This book, is it step by step instructions? With diagrams?

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Due to the age. LIM gaskets would definitely need doing. 100-150k is about the life of plastic ones. I replaced mine 4 years ago and just changed them again after 120k.

I've never heard of this, we bought ours at 100ks and have put on another 180ks and alls good.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
I've never heard of this, we bought ours at 100ks and have put on another 180ks and alls good.

touch wood if I was u lol mine went at 270,000kms approx. and by lookin at the gasket when I got them off it seems they had started breaking down probably over 50K kms ago. each car will vary on a number of factors, usually it all depends on how the coolant has been looked after and changed. If ur not using the correct 33% coolant ratio then u can expect these gaskets to fail in time, some mayb quicker than other just depends on that coolant %