Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio fascia

Red Beast

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 commadore ve
Having a problem with my fascia I believe as my radio will cut iut completely ( all controls, lights and the display on top but when I take the fascia off and resit it it will turn back on for a minute or two or even seconds before cutting out again. Any recommendations are appreciated thanks.
IMG_1478.jpeg

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’d be inspecting the terminal pins in the headunit and the facia. Which ever has the female terminal pins. I think it’s the facia with the female terminal pins.

They can become splayed and have a poor connection intermittently.

They need to be gently squeezed closed a bit with an appropriate tool. Don't be ham fisted. You may need a magnifying glass to inspect the terminals. Theres two or three places on the facia with terminals.

It may require some dismantling of the facia.

Red Beast

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 commadore ve
I’d be inspecting the terminal pins in the headunit and the facia. Which ever has the female terminal pins. I think it’s the facia with the female terminal pins.

They can become splayed and have a poor connection intermittently.

They need to be gently squeezed closed a bit with an appropriate tool. Don't be ham fisted. You may need a magnifying glass to inspect the terminals. Theres two or three places on the facia with terminals.

It may require some dismantling of the facia.
Not sure if this helps but here are some more pictures of the fascia and head unit

Attachments

• IMG_1480.jpeg
    IMG_1480.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1481.jpeg
    IMG_1481.jpeg
    209.8 KB · Views: 25