Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Range Technology Plugin AFM Disabler

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Gotta laugh at some of those reviews, guys swapping out stock pipes too scabby or scared to get a tune for the engine it runs like crap with bazooka exhaust, complain it doesn't sound right, yet still won't pay for tune to fix anything, buys a gadget that likely stuffs their tune further, all in the name of true sports car sound. Just get it tuned FFS.

I would confirm what parameter is being spoofed, as it may be benign with stock tune but custom OS (like you get with OTR) / mafless may be dangerous.

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
It seems like all this device does is act like a switch for the AFM? If so then why the need for two? It would be nice to be able to dial it in for yourself too no?

SSVSE

Reaction score
Members Ride
my10 SSV SE L76
It seems like all this device does is act like a switch for the AFM? If so then why the need for two? It would be nice to be able to dial it in for yourself too no?

There are actually two devices , one just turns AFM off, the other device extends how long for / where AFM is active.
I think the second one could be of use ....if it works.

re those Amazon reviews are only of the AFM disabler and most seem to be moronic.

On the country roads I drive AFM work a treat to reduce gas mileage. I am interested to hear if the AFM range extender can improve that further on our cars ,and if it will even work on a tuned ECM.

Last edited:

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
I was implying that if all the device essentially does is turn AFM on and off at will then why cant both these devices functions be incorporated in just one unit? Also that it would be another selling point for the user to be able to change the settings say on a scale from full economy to AFM off. Just seems like a gimmick to me but ill admit I know not much about these engines and more to the point how to tune them.

whitey5759

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
So in the interests of A) Not getting a tune and chucking away 2.5 years of my warranty and B) Removing the sound of the car coming in out and of AFM all the time (I don't get drone, just the sound of AFM going on/off shits me), I've ordered one of these.

Will post up review once it arrives.

stackner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
So in the interests of A) Not getting a tune and chucking away 2.5 years of my warranty and B) Removing the sound of the car coming in out and of AFM all the time (I don't get drone, just the sound of AFM going on/off shits me), I've ordered one of these.

Will post up review once it arrives.
How did you go with the device?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
My 2014 Caprice V AFM doesn't bother me too much. I rarely notice when its in the 4 CYL Mode. Mainly when in the 4 CYL mode and I'm slighly going up hill it slightly sluggish but if i give the pedal 1% more throttle its off. Also on the Caprice I have HSV Maloo mid pipe with 2016 SSV UTE Bi Modals and I have no issue at all in drone or other.

VECalaisV8Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV Wagon
How did you go with the device?
Had one for about 6months before I had it turned off in a tune.
Nothing to say really it just works.
Plug it in the OBD port & leave it there.
When you want AFM back unplug it.