Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rant at police issuing defects

S

Silk

:bang: :mad: :ranting:
Man, I would open a new thread here for people just to tell of coppers handing out canaries for minor defects.

The other day I got a canary off a copper who had an axe to grind for a blocked washer, the globe falling out of a high mounted brake light and one of my other brake lights being blown (standard in a VN) and had to put up with his smart comments about his dislike for modified cars.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
Please not another thread whinging about coppers...

I had the same thing happen to me (different circumstances/problems), but instead of just ranting I put my argument in the form of a 'letter of appeal' to the Superintendent of Traffic. I requested that the penalty be downgraded to standard infringement...1 point $75 instead of sticker, 3 points and $~250.

My appeal was successful and I did not receive any penalty. If that is all the defect is for, and he did sticker your car, I encourage you to pick up the pen and argue your case strongly but sensibly while you still have the chance.

Bec :wave:

jazza21

Executive (Ex-Police)
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VS II Exec 1997
Why is it that VN's always seem to have atleast one brake light or tail light not working? :rofl:

It'd bug me having a light blown. Any light!

C'mon, some cops are just petty, there are still good ones too. You just gotta know how to not get on the wrong side of 'em

Jazza

R

rattattack1313

a good side??lol

coppers have a good side??where???loool...

vpwgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec Wagon
i got pulled over the other day for no reason, they just wanted to check up and stuff (stock as VP :confused: ) but yer i wasnt rude or a smartarse to em or nethin so they were civil to me. they didnt say bye or nethin but they didnt give me greif bout my bald tires so i cant complain.
Nick

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Heh, a friend of mine once got pulled over and they were like searching him for weapons and stuff apparently as though they'd been tipped off that he was like some wanted crook or something!!

I saw an auto electrician the other day (referred to me by the mechanic who services my car, and said mechanic = old family friend so I trust him) to fix my air conditioning, and I also got him to fix my taillights, reverse lights, etc. He replaced the harness thingies, and they work brilliantly now. Perhaps you should do the same ;). He said there was rust in places there shouldn't be and yeah, I had no problems with the harnesses being replaced.

miss ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS S2
Its true that you do have to pass the 'attitude test' but I think the best way to avoid a defect notice is to make sure your car has no defects.
Its in your best interest to keep on top of the maintenance of your car. I know it seems petty but what if a big bird shits on your windscreen and you cant wash it off because of the blocked washer, or worse, it smears over the whole screen!
It would block your view of the person in front who has no brake lights!!

R

rattattack1313

Filthy...

looool.. i was pulled over for a random breath test the other morning.( oh yea....i was doing 72 in a 60 zone..)... the cop was a prick at 1st..till he saw the "just commo's" on my windscreen..then he started raving on about Holdens etc how nice my bitch loooked with the new paint, no badges , LEGAL tailpipe etc.....rolled his sleeves up a bit..and YES!! he had tatts all up his arms....gave me detailed directions to where i was going, and no ticket!!!!
legendary!!!!! why arent they all like that?????? ;)

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Hehehe that reminds of once when the hubby was pulled over for a breath test, it was just a young fella and after he did the test he looked down at the tyres (well so we thought) then to our suprise he says " **** mate I love ya rims". Goes to show that not all of them are bad ;)

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
ill be honest, i dont know if i like this thread, ill keep it open for a while yet, prob a few more day's and see where it heads, but i dont like public bagin of the police, believe it or not, they have a job and in my eye's they do it the best they can and it's not easy,

so ill keep this open for a few day's, and see where she heads, cause i dotn know if this is a aproperiate thread

cheers
garth