Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rapid Exhaust J-pipe

timmybrown

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv redline
Anyone travelling between newcastle and the wagga regions in next few days?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
[video=youtube_share;MbiQc191WYI]http://youtu.be/MbiQc191WYI[/video]

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Doesnt work Cuda. I'm running HSV Headers, 100 cell cats, HSV mid section and rear mufflers the exhaust shop reccomended to me. I cannot hear / feel when the AFM cuts in but I can hear the exhaust in the car and it sounds nice without being annoying, and loud. I also have a tune and VCM. No drone issues to speak of.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Doesnt work Cuda. I'm running HSV Headers, 100 cell cats, HSV mid section and rear mufflers the exhaust shop reccomended to me. I cannot hear / feel when the AFM cuts in but I can hear the exhaust in the car and it sounds nice without being annoying, and loud. I also have a tune and VCM. No drone issues to speak of.

Thanks Mate,

Can you tell me what mufflers you have?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride

By way of comparison, for anyone looking into the older style Rapid Exhaust J Pipes. This is the same system on my car as above, only with HSV cats and J pipes fitted.

Last edited by a moderator:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I called Rapid Exhaust today re the J Pipes being too loud with my 2.5" system, hi-flow cats and extractors. They said if I send them back they'll convert them into marriage savers for me! These blokes have THE BEST customer service! Can't wait to hear that sound again...:yahoo:

sam71

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
i put ss mufflers on my sv6 wagon for the same reason as you want (aesthetics).

Do the mufflers just bolt onto the sv6 exhaust system or do you have to use the ss pipes as well? Is your sv6 manual or auto and what did the mufflers come off if it makes a difference?

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
I called Rapid Exhaust today re the J Pipes being too loud with my 2.5" system, hi-flow cats and extractors. They said if I send them back they'll convert them into marriage savers for me! These blokes have THE BEST customer service! Can't wait to hear that sound again...:yahoo:

He's bloody good you don't getcustomer sevice like that anymore

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
Hey mate, they just bolted straight up. Got them for $100 fitted at Rapid Exhaust in wollongong. I have been told though that the redlines have a different clamping system so you'll need to get them from a normal ss or ssv to fit the sv6... Mine is an auto wagon, not sure exactly what car they came from, i just told him i wanted some pull off ss mufflers for my sv6 and he just said "sure we've got heaps"... never really asked what it was from. Im very happy with it, looks better and also made it sound a bit nicer too. Not a huge difference, but can notice it with a keen ear.
Do the mufflers just bolt onto the sv6 exhaust system or do you have to use the ss pipes as well? Is your sv6 manual or auto and what did the mufflers come off if it makes a difference?