Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rapid Exhaust Marriage Savers and X pipe

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
What brand x pipe did you use and where did you get it mate?

vk2him

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I haven't had a chance to do the video yet, it's a sedan.

It's an Xpipe manufactured inhouse by Rapid Exhaust in Wollongong, the same guys who do the marriage savers

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
I haven't had a chance to do the video yet, it's a sedan.

It's an Xpipe manufactured inhouse by Rapid Exhaust in Wollongong, the same guys who do the marriage savers

No worries, thanks.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Just had a listen and drive in Ian's car.

The note is definitely deeper, a tad louder without being obnoxious and has more beat/ separation through the lower end of rev range.

Surprised it didn't drone, it certainly doesn't more so than my stock system with marriage savers.

Scottyssute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ute ss
Just had a listen and drive in Ian's car.

The note is definitely deeper, a tad louder without being obnoxious and has more beat/ separation through the lower end of rev range.

Surprised it didn't drone, it certainly doesn't more so than my stock system with marriage savers.

Hi gents,

Are you guys happy with the x pipe and marriage saver set up now? I bought the marriage savers. Was hoping they would be louder on when I gave it a squirt. Worth doing the x pipe and front muffler delete??

Cheers

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi gents,

Are you guys happy with the x pipe and marriage saver set up now? I bought the marriage savers. Was hoping they would be louder on when I gave it a squirt. Worth doing the x pipe and front muffler delete??

Cheers
Or leave the mufflers and add hi-flow cats. Better sound and removes the biggest restriction from the stock syste.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
I ended up going a full system from manta, with 4-1 headers and 100cpi cats.

Nothing beats a full proper system!

Scottyssute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ute ss
Or leave the mufflers and add hi-flow cats. Better sound and removes the biggest restriction from the stock syste.

I'm purely after a better note. I don't really have any interest in performance. You think the high flow cat into the mufflers I have now may achieve that mate? I used to have a 3" full straight system on an LS1 which I loved the growl on but I have to have something a little bit calmer so my clients don't think I'm an idiot haha

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I'm purely after a better note. I don't really have any interest in performance. You think the high flow cat into the mufflers I have now may achieve that mate? I used to have a 3" full straight system on an LS1 which I loved the growl on but I have to have something a little bit calmer so my clients don't think I'm an idiot haha
Yeah I think leaving mufflers in place will be more "client friendly" than removing them.