Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Raptor blown VX RAP-20R

radarak47

I lean to the right
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim
After quite a bit of stuffing around the car is now back on the road and running like new :D

Here is the culprit for all the issues, prior to me owning this motor some flip/s decided to fix a bearing and used too much silicon (as well as 2 sump gaskets) to reseal the bottom end. A warning to what can happen when it gets in the bottom end.

P230209_12.42[01].JPG

P230209_12.52.JPG

After inspection of the bottom end it was deamed the bits of metal you see in the second pic are what is left of an old rear main bearing that failed (the previous crew didn't even clean out the metal after replacing it). First run after putting the motor back together was like driving a new car, the motor is so much more willing and absolutely no tapping at all. :D

Time to now get serious and talk to Tim for a cooler and a happy, super fun pulley and get Chiptorque to retune the auto part of the ECU.

Last edited:

aussiguy87

Reaction score
Website
www.proutes.com
Members Ride
vu ute m5
hey mate did you run the raptor tune in ya car before you put the blower on and did it make much of a diff?

radarak47

I lean to the right
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim
Yes I did run the mod tune prior to the charger being bolted on.

The difference was noticable because I believe it was able to better use the higer octane 98' ron fuel. Mid range and top end had noticable improvement in accelaration.

radarak47

I lean to the right
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim
Sorry drift-it,

I hadn't been on here for a little while......

LSD 3.45 fitted $700
Full twin 2.5" exhaust including 2 x high flow Cats $1660
Raptor V non intercooled kit approx $5000 + $800 in fitting and other bits and pieces.
Mace 1.9 rockers and 105 comp valve spring kit approx $1000 fitted
69mm ported throttle body approx $220

This has not included replacement engines as the others were not so great even before fitting of the charger and I still have a wallbro 600hp inline fuel pump to install. I think we are going to do something different with the fuel system though.

other costs.....

priced a stage II auto with stall converter fitted for $2800
A2A intercooler kit approx $2000 fitted

Hope this gives you some idea.