Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rb30e to Rb30et (Highcomp)

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
Well of course i'll need hose clamps, silicon bends, Intercooler brackets, pipework and a custom dump pipe/exhaust made up.

I can get most of that sorted in a day anyway. - I'm sure i've forgotten things but nothing i can't get sorted down at autobarn/sca/repco when doing the conversion

That's half the fun of building cars isn't it :) all the work haha

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
just giving advice from some one whos done alot of conversions etc into vl's........

dont buy an ebay turbo more then likely it ends in tears lol

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
Never ends in tears! haha, Worst that could happen is the turbo fins make their way into the intercooler, unlikely to enter the engine.

I would be up for another $130 intercooler and would lose out on a ($300? turbo)

That said.... I just bought some vl turbo injectors last night should have them by friday./saturday.

Considering I'm on a budget, what would you fellas recommend for a budget turbo? T3 flanged (and t3 oil feed flange) to suit my monsta manifold. Obviously some sort of t3/t4 hybrid?

cracker

Reaction score
Never ends in tears! haha, Worst that could happen is the turbo fins make their way into the intercooler, unlikely to enter the engine.

I would be up for another $130 intercooler and would lose out on a ($300? turbo)

That said.... I just bought some vl turbo injectors last night should have them by friday./saturday.

Considering I'm on a budget, what would you fellas recommend for a budget turbo? T3 flanged (and t3 oil feed flange) to suit my monsta manifold. Obviously some sort of t3/t4 hybrid?

why bother. then where are you left?
some place you are now minus your car is ####ed.

do it once and do it right, not having ago at you personally by anymeans.
but the problem with vls is people who can afford them cant afford too do anything correctly

cracker

Reaction score
I've seen them go the other way

yeah, ditto or just leak loads of oil past seals, again though might be not so much the product but the people who buy this crap also have no idea about how too corretly install a turbo setup

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
haha yeah i got a ebay shitter... 14 months old now and guess what its a Xs-Power one LOL and u all know the rep on these shitters but hey... on 10 psi is ok no smoke etc not like im gonna dial up to 20 then she will throw herself apart + i will need more motor and gearbox diff and fuel etc work to do that so im not gonna :)
so far so good but im still not counting my chickens.
But goes good, quite quick Lovin it.

M3ZZA

Reaction score
Members Ride
86 VL Turbo SL soon to be canary yellow bt1 mock
Hey guys im back and i am re-starting my project from scratch.

Anyways i will be on the look out for a standard vlt setup with everything you need minus the intercooler piping. I still plan on running 10psi but i am hoping for 15psi in the long run.

I plan on getting a no hole intercooler kit from gtech which is all over ebay. 3 inch full exhaust. Everything the right way like you guys said.

Anyways i have another question a few people i have talked to think that by running a fresh headgasket and retard the timing by 15 degree's and run on high octane or premium fuel you are putting your motor at more risk is this true ? Something about the timing being wrong and it will pop heads under boost and the car wont make as much Kw's or have a great off a torque range as a properly done low comp vlct. Is that true ?

If it is and you did want to decompress the motor what would be the right way to do it ? Would you double headgaskets or go with twin mls gaskets ? Or decomp plates multi layered.

Or what would be involved in getting the bottom end re-done to lower the compression and run a single layer head gasket and put a vl turbo spec cam in and run vlt spec timing so that everything is in perfect tune driveline wise and then ecu wise.

Hope i am not asking to many questions but i want to build my next vl the right way and to be able to give it some #### without the risk off detonation or finding milk under my oil cap and radiator. I am hoping for a power range off 200rwkw to dreaming wise power figure off 300rwkw in the long run.

M3ZZA

Reaction score
Members Ride
86 VL Turbo SL soon to be canary yellow bt1 mock
And sorry your probably going to laugh at me but can auto's dose nearly as good as a manual can. How strong is a N/a auto or should i just go with a 5 speed or Mx7 5 speed ?

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
flat tops will lower compression

you can use 2 head gaskets [old style] works but wouldnt bother

you can youse a copper decomp plate same thing its old style and a waist of $200

mls makes a good multi layer gasket or standard nissan.

or leave the boost low on a hi comp and you should be safe