Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reapers Black VP SS

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Fussy buggers you lot, I'm sure he will find a SS front to put in the shed for future reference

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Not the best pic but it is a Group a plate - and looks like FE2.....

I'm seeing it but I don't believe :) I looked at the screen down at Holden with my own eyes, different part numbers for the group A springs

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
nice ride, what sort of plans you got for it?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Reaper i have a lip,lights and bezels sitting in my garage.Pm me if interested.$400

Yeah, I need the bar to go with it though. I might call in at Holden and see if they still have them. If not I'll probably go the glass GTS style bar.

In any SS owners eyes, its not a real SS if it doesn't have the spotties.

Hmmm.... Beg to differ on that one. Having had a ton of them over the years it doesn't really worry me. Those lights are very overpriced for what they are.

You can tell that the whole car is the same colour, except the front bar, so the previous owner probably stacked it (and couldn't get spotties) or sole it to someone else.

For a lot of reasons I believe the owners "got stolen" story. Where the car was parked for the last year or so would have been very easy to steal too. I'm surprised the whole car didn't go.

Love the black stripes on the tail lights. Have a set of mine done the same (prefer the chrome stripes tho).

Lots of masking tape and about 30 seconds to paint the lot :D. A friend would like the chrome but doesn't know where to get the paint.

"The GTS is a firm-riding car with a definite sense of urgency. Perched on an adapted Senator suspension, which means it does without the 5000i's level-ride system and correspondingly softer springs, the GTS has a bit of a hot-foot dance in its firm roll movement."

Took that from the write up of the GTS from Wheels mag.

Hope it helps.

Also, my build plate says suspension is STD.

Can you have a look at your springs and let me know if they look standard? I always thought they were but am not so sure now. Secondly measure the distance between the top of the front and rear rims and your guard. I suspect the GTS sits about 1" lower than std FE2? It is a lot firmer ride and sticks to the road like **** to a blanket compared to what I have now. Many thanks.

I'm seeing it but I don't believe :) I looked at the screen down at Holden with my own eyes, different part numbers for the group A springs

Dunno about the GPA but as above, my old (now Mack's) GTS was slightly lower, firmer and stuck to the road better. Check out the above pics.

Reaper

Last edited:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Hmmm.... Beg to differ on that one. Having had a ton of them over the years it doesn't really worry me. Those lights are very overpriced for what they are.
I couldn't care either. We actually say 'its not a real SS or international if the spotties aren't on':p

Lots of masking tape and about 30 seconds to paint the lot :D. A friend would like the chrome but doesn't know where to get the paint.
Did the same with mine aswell. Well, i have 3 sets haha. Was probably about 3 minutes of painting tho, i did a few coats.

The paint i used for my chrome stripes was just a discontinued line at my old work, so i bought the last 2 they had.

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
Nice ride Reaper

I hope you had some help on the manual conversion, lifting those boxes can be a real bi*ch.

L8r

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
I couldn't care either. We actually say 'its not a real SS or international if the spotties aren't on':p

fuggin wankers..... I hate that!

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hokay a few days ago I got one of these: GTech-Pro Model RR

Magnificent little gadget but unfortunately 5 min after getting it home I discovered the ciggie lighter in the SS doesn't work. Will probably fix it tomorrow and have something to benchmark things against.

On the plus side the mighty SS-V runs a 6.1 0-60 time with a boot load of tools :D

Reaper

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hokay a few days ago I got one of these: GTech-Pro Model RR

Magnificent little gadget but unfortunately 5 min after getting it home I discovered the ciggie lighter in the SS doesn't work. Will probably fix it tomorrow and have something to benchmark things against.

On the plus side the mighty SS-V runs a 6.1 0-60 time with a boot load of tools :D

Reaper

they are great little toys, the newer ones give a lot more info then the older model and are more accurate as well. plus you can download all the runs onto a PC for comparison later:thumbsup: