Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reaper's work Hack

Impulse vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
6spd Vz sv6
didn't mean to rattle your cage pal, i wasn't targeting you with that comment, just majority of VZ SV6 get douched out lol
yet again, not targeting you or your car lol

Ohk lol, came across as if you had somehing against my VZ! all good :)

Fair enough - go buy yourself one and go nuts. Having done a shade under 30,000km in the thing I'm fine with the ride height. When you have experienced a few cars that handle exceptionally well (you really need to drive a few single seater open wheelers to really understand this) you will appreciate a well set up chassis even at low street speeds. Most who know me will agree that I am very much a "function" over "form" kind of guy when it comes to a choice between the 2.

Reaper

That's fair enough too mate, everyones different :)

This is an example of the look I prefer which is why i suggested lowering it:

2mr8djc.jpg

Which obviously isn't your cup of tea but each to their own :)

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Lol - fix what?????? Take one of the best handling large sedans sub $100k on the roads and turn it into a wallowing boat???

Reaper

You don't know much about decent airbag suspension then... While I don't have any experience with magnetic ride control and the dynamics of the current E3 HSVs and I don't want to detract from what I imagine is a fantastic package, I do know that you can get a very decent suspension setup from a decent airbag setup. I've been around a track in a VZ Senator with airbag suspension and it was AMAZING!!!

Whether it's better than the E3 factory setup is most likely doubt-able, however saying it will handle like a boat is a very bad assumption to make indeed.

All in all a decent car but I have to say HSV screwed up the exterior styling when they went to E3. The rear end is like a dog's breakfast and the fronts just scream "I want to be European and Japanese at the same time!". The Senator front end comes straight from Honda while the GTS and Clubby are some sort of BMW/Audi/Mazda hybrid.

At least when you're enjoying the drive you're on the inside of the car. LOL!!! Kind of reminds me of Richard Hammonds reaction when driving the Porsche Panamera Turbo (season 15 episode 3) and he absolutely loves it until he sees it's reflection in a building window as he drives past! Haha!

shauniie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 hsv ve r8 clubby oh baby!
mmmm id love a senator was looking at one next to mine at the car yard b4 i bought the r8 clubby but they were all auto senators
urs looks awsome love it :)

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Pictures do the E3 senators no justice, they're much more intimidating in person.
Much respect.

SilverVH

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone with an E-series HSV would attest, that you would be crazy to go airbags on it over factory MRC or aftermarket adjustable coil overs.

Aftermarket coil overs handle that much better again but the ride is more harsh if you set it to low.

Nice rig, the EDi are pretty cool in it, same as the launch control. I love that it logs lap times and shows weight distribution. Very Motec'y. I wonder if the next generation HSV will intergrate the EDi into the dash cluster?!

shauniie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 hsv ve r8 clubby oh baby!
Anyone with an E-series HSV would attest, that you would be crazy to go airbags on it over factory MRC or aftermarket adjustable coil overs.
yea i had coilovers in my ve sv6 ute handled like a go cart but was a bumpy ride but sayin that ive come from tuner cars aswell so i like it lol

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
You don't know much about decent airbag suspension then... While I don't have any experience with magnetic ride control and the dynamics of the current E3 HSVs and I don't want to detract from what I imagine is a fantastic package, I do know that you can get a very decent suspension setup from a decent airbag setup. I've been around a track in a VZ Senator with airbag suspension and it was AMAZING!!!

TBH no I don't know much about airbag suspension other than I was unimpressed by the 2 cars on bags I have driven. They were low, that's about as complimentary I can be. Low does not mean good handling.

Aftermarket coil overs handle that much better again but the ride is more harsh if you set it to low.

Nice rig, the EDi are pretty cool in it, same as the launch control. I love that it logs lap times and shows weight distribution. Very Motec'y. I wonder if the next generation HSV will intergrate the EDi into the dash cluster?!

You can get a good set of coil overs to improve the MRC for pure grip and set them up to do some awesome things around a track. You are looking at some decent money to get there though. The big advantage I find with MRC is going from a firm ride (a bit firmer than the SSV suspension) to rock hard with the press of a button.

The EDI is a bit of a gimmick most of the time - even launch control. I've let rip a few times but I'd think sitting at the lights with the rpm peaking would look a bit stupid in normal driving :p. Good fun at a track though :dance:

Reaper

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
nice ride haha work hack! yeah rite!
cant justify the expense of 80-90k on bodywork full of plastic & an interior full of cosmetic gadgets however the driveability and grunt would be sweet! wouldnt buy one but wouldnt say no to a free one

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
nice ride haha work hack! yeah rite!
cant justify the expense of 80-90k on bodywork full of plastic & an interior full of cosmetic gadgets however the driveability and grunt would be sweet! wouldnt buy one but wouldnt say no to a free one

Worth the cost??? Hmmmm - FPV are about the only thing close for the money but IMO not as good to drive. Is it worth the extra over a run of the mill Holden? Yeah probably. Having had a long list of top of the line fast Holden dailys the driving experience is in another class.

Reaper