Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Brembo Upgrade

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Possibly Snow? My 355mm rear rotor part numbers were the same as you quoted though.
@RED LION Worth double checking before you order...
I bought the pin kits off Amazon with my calipers. Front and rear pin kits are different.
As Snow suggested^^^ these are worth doing too, if you have the coin. Nice solid/constant pedal feel.
http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Commodore-...AFEBRAKE-Performance-/182488549669?nav=SEARCH
Also make sure you get the copper brake hose washers from Holden.
I bought the HSV rear backing plates but never used them. Easier to have your mechanic modify the originals.
Good luck.

Yep had a chat to someone on brakesdirect and the rotors and pads are a fit. Grabbed front a rear pin kits off of eBay last night. Just waiting to hear back from the bloke about what bolts I need.

Edit: apparently I don't need different bolts. Just pin kits, calipers rotors, pads and trim the dust guards

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yep had a chat to someone on brakesdirect and the rotors and pads are a fit. Grabbed front a rear pin kits off of eBay last night. Just waiting to hear back from the bloke about what bolts I need.

Edit: apparently I don't need different bolts. Just pin kits, calipers rotors, pads and trim the dust guards
That doesn't sound right to me re the bolts. But then, I've been wrong before.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Yep I feel I've read it somewhere before. A couple eBay sales seem to think you need them. Might grab em just in case.
gm-92139080.

This brakes direct bloke is adamant that I don't need em lol

Last edited:

Martyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
1.Buy your Brembo rear calipers 4 PISTON BREMBO for "HOLDEN COMMODORE REDLINE, HSV ,G8 GXP ,SSV ,SS BIG BRAKES "
They are listed everywhere (you can buy them as a kit with pads and caliper bolts) if not below are part number for any part place in Aus
2.Rotor choice is as follows
-HSV -Holden Original Equipment (VE HSV 350mm Rear Rotors) $900.00 plus per pair "Genuine"
-DBA 42031/DBA42031S/DBA42031X/DBA42031XS. $480.00 per pair aprox
-RDA7376 type rotors $200.00 per pair aprox
-3H Rotors 42031-L , 42031-R Very Good Rotor $280.00 per pair aprox
3.Rear Caliper Bolts ,Holden Part Number GM-92139080 $35.00 set of 4 , Use the Genuine GM Bolts and you will sleep easy at night "Dont buy the HSV ones for $120.00 + ,HSV are rip off merchants (They are the Same Bolts)
4. Use a quality 4 Dot or higher Temp Brake fluid
5. Pads AC-DELCO PRO DURASTOP 17D1053M ,they also carry Brembo full Race Pads and many More , Ferrodo , Just ask the guys about the 4 spot Rear Camero Brembo Pads

Last thing is you will have to Frankenstein the Rear Brake dust shields ,trim off the curved lip off both , re-size the opening where the caliper will sit in,and you are done

Does this change much if I'm coming from a VFII SS?
* I want to replace the stock 18" wheels with 19" SSV / 2017SS or some aftermarket ones.
* Buy 6 pot and 4 pot calipers from amazon
* Buy DBA rotors
* Buy Brake pads
* Bolts from Holden
* Braided brake lines?

Hand over to mechanic and ask to install - giving permission to hack the rear dust shields? With no need to drill/tap holes (VFII)?

$2000-$2500? + $1350 wheel cost? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4x-20-x-...681635?hash=item3f6d0fa5a3:g:xckAAOSwh2xYABtk

Last edited:

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I'm 99% certain those wheels will fit the big 6 pot brembos upfront as I saw on the Chevy SS forum someone had done the Caddy CTS-V 6 pot upgrade.
They definitely fit the 4 pots as I've got them on my wagon.

Does this change much if I'm coming from a VFII SS?
* I want to replace the stock 18" wheels with 19" SSV / 2017SS or some aftermarket ones.
* Buy 6 pot and 4 pot calipers from amazon
* Buy DBA rotors
* Buy Brake pads
* Bolts from Holden
* Braided brake lines?

Hand over to mechanic and ask to install - giving permission to hack the rear dust shields? With no need to drill/tap holes (VFII)?

$2000-$2500? + $1350 wheel cost? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4x-20-x-...681635?hash=item3f6d0fa5a3:g:xckAAOSwh2xYABtk

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Sounds about right.
I'm doing the same to the Calais but with 4 pots all round and no braided lines. I'm also being told by brakes direct that I won't been the larger bolts from Holden...

I'm selling my Calais V/SSV wheels if you're interested. BUT I'm not sure the 6 pistons will fit. Doubt they would.

Martyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
I'm selling my Calais V/SSV wheels if you're interested. BUT I'm not sure the 6 pistons will fit. Doubt they would.

I quite like those wheels. they are $433 ea. new from Holden.
I would consider 4 pot all around and those wheels... price?