Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rear door wont unlock - Does it need to be open for rooflining replacement

Nate420

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP
VP executive.

I'm getting the rooflining sag fixed next week and assuming all doors will need to be open for the process?
so when i went to open my rear left door that i never use, the handle is loose on inside and out. It's not grabbing anything. It feels like its deadlocked but with no resistance at all when i lift handle, very loose. I can physically pull the lock mechanism tab up into open position but the door handles still don't grip anything.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The roof lining comes out through the front passenger door, with the seat wound all the way back so that won't be an issue for fixing the roof lining.

Fixing the door will be another matter.

Need to pop the door lock old school car thief or RAA way to get it open so you can get the door card off and rectify.

Nate420

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP
The roof lining comes out through the front passenger door, with the seat wound all the way back so that won't be an issue for fixing the roof lining.

Fixing the door will be another matter.

Need to pop the door lock old school car thief or RAA way to get it open so you can get the door card off and rectify.

Hey mate. Thats a relief that all doors don't need to be open for rooflining.
Can you point me in the right direction on to how to "pop the locks old school"? im assuming it will be against TOS to explain here.
As for the raa dont the use a tool to slide in under the window and pull the lock tab up to unlock it?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hey mate. Thats a relief that all doors don't need to be open for rooflining.
Can you point me in the right direction on to how to "pop the locks old school"? im assuming it will be against TOS to explain here.
As for the raa dont the use a tool to slide in under the window and pull the lock tab up to unlock it?

RAA should have a tool to open the door....Can't hurt to ask them

Nate420

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP
RAA just left, He thinks the actuator has **** itself possibly by water dripping down inner door past seal onto the solenoid, thus its stuck in deadlock. He suggested breaking the inner trim to get access and buying new inner trim to replace, however inner trims are getting more expensive and rarer and rarer.
Would there be anyway to remove the trim without breaking it whilst door is closed?

c@l@is

Reaction score
Might be the door is set to child lock and the plastic adjuster cam thingo on the outer door handle is slightly out of range, I would try sitting in the car with window down rapidly unlock/lock a heap while beating on the inside of door card with side of fist near the latch.. and periodically trying to open the door via both inner and outer handles

If your lucky enough to get it open check the child lock, if it's on bingo switch it off and close the door, if it's already off seriously consider pulling the door card off before closing the door!

Nate420

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP
Might be the door is set to child lock and the plastic adjuster cam thingo on the outer door handle is slightly out of range, I would try sitting in the car with window down rapidly unlock/lock a heap while beating on the inside of door card with side of fist near the latch.. and periodically trying to open the door via both inner and outer handles

If your lucky enough to get it open check the child lock, if it's on bingo switch it off and close the door, if it's already off seriously consider pulling the door card off before closing the door!

I will try this tomorrow, thank you.

I found out the the lock is not fully coming up its only coming up half unlocked.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
The inner card's not that hard to remove-there are instructions on this forum although the links to the old photos are probably dead.