Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rear headlights

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
That looks pretty good darker.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
stevesvx looks pretty good, good example of not going too far, make the car look a lot tougher.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I don't know that insurance companies will pay out a claim if you get rear ended, imo tinting tail lights is asking for trouble.

There's a ford ute getting around here in bundy with the darkest tails I've ever seen. The ute is quite nice and probably worth a quid but if He's rear ended I highly doubt that insurance will pay out.

stevesvx2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore v6
its just paint so it happends ill just wipe it off with a bit of metho

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
I tinted the rear lights on my stato and got pulled over by a cop for it. It was a really bright day and the sun was shining on the rear of my car. After telling me he couldn't see my lights we went back to check it out and with just my lights on and not my brake lights you could tell they were on even if it was just noticeable. The funny thing is after telling him he must be blind if he can't see them on he suggested we look at the back of the cop car to compare the difference and no crap you could not tell his were on. As I said it was a really bright day with the sun shinning on the rear of the cars so with the tinted lights it dulled it just enough that you could tell they were on where as the cop car was just really bright. The end result is he let me go with a warning.

Mind the chev badge, this pic was taken 12 years ago before I sold it and someone thought it might attract some young dude which it did, otherwise I hate badges no matter what they are.

Attachments

• S2400039.jpg
    S2400039.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

stevesvx2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore v6
I tinted the rear lights on my stato and got pulled over by a cop for it. It was a really bright day and the sun was shining on the rear of my car. After telling me he couldn't see my lights we went back to check it out and with just my lights on and not my brake lights you could tell they were on even if it was just noticeable. The funny thing is after telling him he must be blind if he can't see them on he suggested we look at the back of the cop car to compare the difference and no crap you could not tell his were on. As I said it was a really bright day with the sun shinning on the rear of the cars so with the tinted lights it dulled it just enough that you could tell they were on where as the cop car was just really bright. The end result is he let me go with a warning.

Mind the chev badge, this pic was taken 12 years ago before I sold it and someone thought it might attract some young dude which it did, otherwise I hate badges no matter what they are.

yeah that looks sick ive never seen it done on a stato but it look really nice, in a weird way its kinda easyer to see if your lights are on cause its the contrast between black and light, and with the stock lights the sunlight reflects in the light and makes it harder to see if that makes any sense

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
Yeah I think your right, my lights looked black until you braked or turned the lights on then they looked red where as normal lights look red all the time so when the sun is on them it's hard to tell the difference.

nathan549

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt II s pack
yeh my bro did 3 coats on his ute it looks really good, the only thing is u want to cover where the reverse light is. the brakes and blinkers (even wen its really black) stand out heaps. the reverse lights if u spray it over they turn grey and duller, so reversing out at nights a bitch haha

Vegas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec SII/Bagged Mazda
Here is a really good tutorial.
Even goes to the lengths of buffing them which really makes a noticeable difference.