Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear muffler mount points bent - easily fixed?

The91kwbeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hi guys

Bought some used vf2 bi modal mufflers and didn't notice it at the time but the hanging points are very bent out of shape rendering it impossible to actually fit them myself, see pic. The tips hit the bumper bar before you can thread them through the hangers. These should sit dead straight but are way off.

No idea how the last bloke bent them out so much, maybe some very hard yanking pulling them off?

Can an exhaust shop easily straighten these out so they can be fitted or have I just picked up a dud set without realising?

Key word being easily I don't want to have to blow $300 fixing a $100 set of mufflers

Thanks so much

Attachments

• IMG_20221027_091921172.jpg
    IMG_20221027_091921172.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 120

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Hi guys

Bought some used vf2 bi modal mufflers and didn't notice it at the time but the hanging points are very bent out of shape rendering it impossible to actually fit them myself, see pic. The tips hit the bumper bar before you can thread them through the hangers. These should sit dead straight but are way off.

No idea how the last bloke bent them out so much, maybe some very hard yanking pulling them off?

Can an exhaust shop easily straighten these out so they can be fitted or have I just picked up a dud set without realising?

Key word being easily I don't want to have to blow $300 fixing a $100 set of mufflers

Thanks so much
Idk on whether they could be fixed but those mufflers look like they've been in some pretty bad accident which has probably written off the doner car completely...

The91kwbeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Idk on whether they could be fixed but those mufflers look like they've been in some pretty bad accident which has probably written off the doner car completely...
It's only the two two metal thread bits that go into the hangers that are bent

Some minor scrapes on the bottom of one but the tips and everything else is fine it's just the hangers that are bent

The91kwbeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Have you tried bending them back ?
Yep but they're steel, can't do anything much by hand.

Basically I'm hoping at this point an exhaust shop can soften them up by heating them but I'm also worried due to the location that may not be possible

Seems from searching this forum I may have been the only person to encounter this issue somehow

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yep but they're steel, can't do anything much by hand.

Basically I'm hoping at this point an exhaust shop can soften them up by heating them but I'm also worried due to the location that may not be possible

Seems from searching this forum I may have been the only person to encounter this issue somehow

Heat and leverage should sort them out.

Last edited: