Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Passenger floor flooding

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
The rain water runs through the HVAC and through the rear floor vents on to the rear floor. Un block that HVAC cover under the bonnet.
Peter
Has this happened to you?
I can't remember this happening to anybody else?

Peter Moto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VF sv6 / VE sv6 / VZ crewman
Has this happened to you?
I can't remember this happening to anybody else?
Yes on SV6 VE1 it took some finding, its not a very good design the drain hole should be larger and maybe have an over flow on the cover.

kwaka738

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09 Berlina Sportwagon
To find out if it's the plastic sheet behind the door card do the following.

1. Fully open one of your rear doors (ie the door you suspect the water maybe getting in through).
2. Get a garden hose and let water trickle onto the (outside) glass of the rear door (which is now fully open).
3. Check to see if water is exiting the bottom of the door card (with the door still fully open).

If it is, this water will be falling into the car when the door is closed (ie it will now be coming into the car on the wrong side of the rubber door seal).

This happened to me.

If this is the problem take the door card off and work out what you have to do to stop the water coming in this way. It should be obvious once you see what's happening.

natmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon Series 2 SV6
What about the seals?
They look all good. The weather
This is what l was referring to. From reading this post, l just realised l said the wrong words.
Thanks guys! I'll give this a go tomorrow with the hose. I suspect it could be the weather shield inside the door. I had my rear windows fixed a few years back, could be a culprit from them ripping it.
Ide rather that than the HVAC!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If it's just the HAVAC filling with water, why can't you just poke something through the drain hole in the floor/tunnel?

natmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's the HVAC its flooding under the bonnet you have the air intake for the HVAC housing (on the fire wall) there's a cover with a drain hole and tube you have to unblock that drain hole and tube, you have to remove some of the plastic covers around the fire wall to get to it.

Peter
Would this be the case when the engine was replaced about 1 month ago? The issue was occurring before the engine was replaced too

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
They look all good. The weather

Thanks guys! I'll give this a go tomorrow with the hose. I suspect it could be the weather shield inside the door. I had my rear windows fixed a few years back, could be a culprit from them ripping it.
Ide rather that than the HVAC!

Here is what you’re looking for. If the water shows up here in the door seals then it’s getting into the car.

Attachments

• IMG_0328.jpeg
    IMG_0328.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 39

natmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
Here is what you’re looking for. If the water shows up here in the door seals then it’s getting into the car.
Yes! Definitely saw that today! All where it's the worst on the floor and mould growing up the interior plastic next to the seat