Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear tires are not straight even after the alignment

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Interested in knowing the procedure to work under the car. For a 2 seat sports car I made timber low ramps, then the trolley fits in. The VE would be worse as it's bigger. Do you have a fork lift, would be lots of damage under it from driving any ways.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Mate you don't know my car. It won't fit on a hoist at Tyre Right...... my wheel alignment was done with old manual equipment recessed in concrete I drove 'onto' nothing and I dont have 100mm ground clearence.

I know you wanna help but you can't help me. I'm happy with my car and know it a lot better then YOU!

02DE38EA-996E-486C-863E-94606AC491A6-1164-0000026286F7B779_zps3d21f905.jpg

Have you been to Tyre right? Have you been to the other places I have mentioned?

Mate, I worked at Torque Tyres (that's what it was known as before it changed names to tyre right) for 8 years....I left there 4 years ago, but still pop in there every now and then, so I know the same hoist is still there....I used to align track specific cars there on a regular basis and those cars were just as low, if not lower that your car. The ramps up to the hoist were stepped....You drove onto the first section, then it stepped up to the next section then onto the hoist itself...Never once, did one scrape and never did one get turned away.

At the end of the day, you are happy, but you did ask for me to mention places....which I did

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
I was hoping you'd name the shop I went to. As soon as you mentioned a hoist I laughed and gave a smart reply. If you said that Tyre Right has specific ramps for low track cars in your first post, then I wouldn't have done that.