Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear tyres stuck on

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
To prevent this happening again, apply a light smear of 'anti sieze' copper grease around the hub and inside of rim.
Works every time.

If you do it when the discs are off, it stops them siezing too!

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I rotated my wheels a while ago and the mags all came off no worries, however I had to use the spare steelie in order to let the car down off the jack and even though I only had the spare on fairly loose, with only two or three wheel nuts on it, I had this problem. I got a lump of timber on the inside of the tyre and belted **** out of it with a hammer, eventually came off. I think a few verbal profanities help too!

Proman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
I tried to get it off today the bloody thing is stuck on rock solid, still wont budge, i even loosened the nuts and drove it a bit, still wont budge, smashed on the tire with big ass hammer.... still won't budge Grrrrr, all i want to do is change the brake pads dam it

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I dont know if theres enough room around the inside of the wheel to do this,but all I can think of doing is to get the car jack in behind the wheel and try to push it off with that.You might have to try it on both sides of the wheel so it comes off straight.Or maybe get a long piece of wood and put it against the opposite wheel and then put the jack against that.Just be careful if you get under the car,support the car on chassis stands,not just a jack or housebricks .

Proman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
yeah i was thinking about trying that, i was thinking maybe i could change the brakes from inside the wheel, there might be enough room for the caliper to slide out, not sure, i would still like to get this bloody wheel off though

Proman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Got the bloody thing off this arvie, loosened all the lug nuts and went for a drive.... stopped got out and checked and i could see the wheel had shifted, so slowly drove home and gave the wheel a few bangs and presto.... and changed brake pads while i was at it. all good, thanks to everyone for the tips by the way. cheers