Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

** Rebuilding a Stroked/Turbo VT Ecotec **

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo Stroked 4.2LT VT Berlina
as in that L shaped bung?? well upside down L? ive got the side of the tb bung connected to that already, this fitting is on the bottom of the tb, i remember it going to back of the motor maybe?? have i got the hose from the manifold to the tb in the wrong one?

WP_000097-1.jpg

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
that barb under the TB might be the one that runs across/underneath the plenum(towards the little sensor on the back of the head) then if youve already connected the Lshape one? im at work at the moment, so i can confirm either way when i get home. ill check the VX if no one else has confirmed by then.

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
i got another VT coming so i can compare...still gotaa sort this short Bull***t out...

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
where do these go to?? only 2 things left to hook up

WP_000099.jpg

this one im not sure about. as my wagon doesnt seem to have that hose. from what youve said, it comes out of the firewall? if thats the case then youve lost me, however,
the one coming out of your TB >

goes to the little sensor thing on the back of the D/side head. it must be either some sort of map sensor, or somthing to do with the polltion stuff... its the long hose that runs under the plenum.

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
update time!

the engine is officially finished! all thats left to do is put extractors on and find where that pipe goes, but they good ol' pacey's need a bit of modding because they hit the ARP head studs, its ever so close so i gotta shave just a teenie bit off.

WE BUILT OIL PRESSURE! i saw my car come to life for the first time haha the motor wanted to start....so close :)

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
My apologies about the comment in the other thread, I hadnt found this version of your ride. I will watch with interest, looking forward to seeing the pix of the twin turbo setup

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
My apologies about the comment in the other thread, I hadnt found this version of your ride. I will watch with interest, looking forward to seeing the pix of the twin turbo setup

no problem mate :) i havnt linked it yet so my mistake not yours

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Be careful using thread tape on your fuel line fittings, loctite thread paste or even stag is the way to go

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
i got told it was ok? why whys that no good?