Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

** Rebuilding a Stroked/Turbo VT Ecotec **

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Pieces of thread tape can also break off if not applied properly and contaminate the fuel system, block injectors etc

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Really depending on fitting you use there should be no need for tape. I.e. seated fittings dont need it tapered fittings dont need it and straight fitting should have an o-ring.

Remember dont crank the engine too much you ewant to to run straight off the bat

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo Stroked 4.2LT VT Berlina
well guys...the motor roared to life last night for the firs time!!! i took a video but its absolute garbage quality...:( it started almost first pot, the ECU suprisingly picked up most of the start relatively quick. i cant get over how lumpy the cam is, its rediculous coming out of a v6 haha!!! the whole car shakes :) i have to fix the fans aswell, do a bit of modding so thy fit properly and you dont see any black plastic (yuck). Out of all the things that i thouht would go wrong theres 2 water leaks that need fixing and thats it, one coming from the thermostat housing at the front and one from the rod that goes into the manifold at the front under the thermostat to the heater tap. 7 months of work....finally paid off, it was one of the most exciting moments and it didnt involve a girl :)

WP_000102.jpg

WP_000101.jpg

now we drain the oil, fix water leaks and take her for a burn. we put the car in "D" and she didnt go nowhere not even at 1500 rpm. this high stall is going to be a B**ch to drive with :)

now to put the turbos on.....

I WILL GET A VIDEO TO YOU GUYS ASAP!

Last edited:

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
how big is the stally

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo Stroked 4.2LT VT Berlina
F l a k;

thanks mate! im so excited to drive her around...i promise ill video it tonight and ill post it up so stay tuned :)

WPN-42L;

stally is a 3500 TCL Torque Converters High Stall

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hows it going champ ?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
your highstall shouldnt rev out like that without moving the car

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Delco is right, you should be moving with those sort of revs, check the fluid level in the tranny.