Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RECALLS: VE & WM Series Holden Vehicles

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Sometimes while waiting to turn at a set of lights with blinker on for a while it will miss a blink sometimes ! like um tick tock tick tock tick tock .... and carries on like nothing happened. Anyone heard of that ?

-vkhg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS
GM USA/GM CANADA

#09-03-08-008: Knock Clunk Or Click Noise From Front Suspension Over Small Bumps (Replace Front Lower Control And Caster Arms) -

Attention: This bulletin is intended to correct a condition for front end knock, clunk or clicking. Vehicles previously repaired as part of Campaign #09203A are to follow a different repair procedure as outlined under the Correction section below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Condition
Some customers may comment on a clunk, knock or click noise from the front suspension over small bumps.

Cause
The rubber "boot" over the front end lower control arm ball joint may have become dislodged or torn compromising the seal. Moisture inside the ball joint seal may cause corrosion, shortening the service life of the component.

Correction
Notice: Before replacing any components under the terms of this bulletin, you must confirm the past service history of the vehicle. Please use GMVIS to confirm if the vehicle was previously repaired under Customer Satisfaction Campaign #09203A. If the vehicle was repaired under this service action, ONLY replace the front control arm found to be the source of the noise and claim the applicable Labor Operation for that part as outlined in SI and the labor time guide.

Vehicles not identified in Customer Satisfaction Campaign #09203A (or not repaired during its duration) and found to have one or more of the rubber boots improperly sealing should have all four front control arms replaced.

Front Lower Control and Caster Arm Replacement (Both Sides)

is this a recall in australia too? im 80% sure im having this problem with my 07 VE SS. condition and cause seem to make sense with what im experiencing. if it is a recall in aus too do i just take the car to the nearest holden dealer?

anyone?

Last edited:

-vkhg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS
also, it would be handy if all recall information could be edited into the first post? just a suggestion.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
is this a recall in australia too? im 80% sure im having this problem with my 07 VE SS. condition and cause seem to make sense with what im experiencing. if it is a recall in aus too do i just take the car to the nearest holden dealer?

anyone?

Not specifically recall as far as I'm aware - but it IS a well known fault with a series of techline fixes.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I'am not sure if anyone has heard about a faulty belt which caused some noise between the 2000-3000 rev mark ,I heard it was replaced with a thinner belt.

That's one of the issues I had. There's a techline for it. Didn't work completely though - I'd say it's 80% better - for now at least

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Just a quick follow up, also, on the tailgate recall for the utes - mine was done a couple of weeks back.

There's no visible difference (aside form the fact the parts are shiny! lol) and there's no change to the release action - just feels like there is less flex in the mechanism.

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
with the tailgate recall the affected latches are cast alloy being replaced with steel ones

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
Series two sportwagon

Well today my Holden dealer rang me and told me there is a safety recall on the series two sportwagon, due to some pin in the rear seat fold downs. And due to Christmas they are ringing all the owners instead of mailing.

I went straight down there, 15min job no biggie, just a heads up

munga2

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
there is no latch recall visable to the customer!!the latch now closes fully instead of stayin open 2-3mm causing it to open under extreme load....
the wagon seat prob was a very limited case about 1in 1000 only when the seat carpet got caught!!

V8ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Commodore ute 2009
Date created: 9th July 2010

Product description VE Ute

ISOVIN range:
6G1E#42###L100048 - 6G1E#42###L458251
6G1E#42###L923162 - 6G1E#42###L983869

Target Number: 34,432
Campaign Number: 10-H-04
What are the hazards? The tailgate may unlatch when impacted rearwards.
What are the defects? A condition can occur under specific operating conditions where the tailgate may unlatch when impacted rearwards with sufficient energy by unsecured objects placed in the rear cargo tray.
Supplier GM Holden Ltd
What should consumers do? If the Ute's cargo tray is loaded, owners should either use a Holden tonneau cover or ensure items are firmly restrained within the tray and not loaded against the tailgate.

Contact your authorised Holden delaership for a free-of-charge rework (timing will be subject to availability of parts).

I've got to get this done, but the dealers wont give you a free loan car for the day. I'm not paying for a loan car when its they're fault and it take a day to fix!
So because I need my car for work Its going to cost me a days pay, or $50 for a loan car. So I'm putting it off for now until I can figure out another option.