Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Recommend a tuner on Bris northside

VE8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS Thunder
As the title says can anyone recommend a tuner in Nrth Brissy. The ute needs a retune soon so I'm looking for some options. I dropped into East Coast Customs at Virginia & was qouted $690, I don't know if thats the going rate but along with that Princely sum of money comes the promise that all my car dreams will come true ;). If anyone has other options could you please let me know. Thanks..

VE8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS Thunder
Thanks Mpower, I'll give them a call when I get a chance.

VTSSLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 A4 227rwkw
Powertorque in Brendale. Excellent work, service and reputation. Probably not cheaper if that's what you're after, but well worth it IMO.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Powertorque in Brendale. Excellent work, service and reputation. Probably not cheaper if that's what you're after, but well worth it IMO.

Do they lock their tunes?

VE8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS Thunder

Cheaper is always better but if i get enough nods to go with Powertorque i won't let money get in the way, i just want it done properly. The guy at East Coast Customs plugged his laptop into my car & said my current tune is a mess, which i suspect he isn't lying judging by the cars little quirks. How much do you suspect Powertorque will charge?

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
Cheaper is always better but if i get enough nods to go with Powertorque i won't let money get in the way, i just want it done properly. The guy at East Coast Customs plugged his laptop into my car & said my current tune is a mess, which i suspect he isn't lying judging by the cars little quirks. How much do you suspect Powertorque will charge?

Dont goto East Coast Customs - Virginia....... I went there for them to touch up my mafless tune..... I recon he spent all of 2 maybe 3 hours on the thing....... Dropped it in about 9:30 was ready before 2pm..... little quick and said it was all good...... pulled 3kw as 'he stated' more then my tune..... but when i drove it out, it ran like crap, had no power...... and was lean as SH*T........ My car ran 220kw on the dyno..... with a ramjet..... hsv headers with stock cats having a f load of timing pulled from the tune....... Apparently the tune I did ran 217kw according to him, yet his 3kw faster tune ...... my old v6 could have flogged it was that slow after he so called 'tuned it' when I drove it out 'all done'.

I was given no before dyno sheet, I had told the reception guy I had the original tune in the glovebox if they had wanted it as a ref......... apparently the tuner guy who thinks he seems to know what he's doing didnt get it.

Biggest waste of money ever........ they pull massive timing and just strip fuel to nothing ...... Pull the timing out, lean the fuel out and hope for the best is what it seems to be there.

Goto another place ........ there is a reason other places charge more money...... because they spend more time on it getting it right.

Of course this is all just my opinion...... And East Coast Customs were too busy to have me bring the car back and redo it of course like most companies that dont give F.....

I didnt take my car back and insist they fix it......... given the S..... job he clearly did the first time. I havent been to any other place to comment on, but PowerTorque I hear alot of good things about.

Im one of many people who just tune the damn thing themselves ..... I really do get it, there's not enough money to support the time they need to spend to get things right.

I'll more then likely have my cars tune retouched on a dyno when I can afford to by another place..... I'll never go back to East Coast Customs.

I'll stick my hand up and recommend PowerTorque or somewhere else.

I'll never forget those famous words like they are burned into my skull......... 'yeh yeh mate i've tuned it so what i'm commanding is what im getting'. Really so 1.168 being 12.56 = 13.3-1.31 tapering down to 12.8 is 12.56 all the way down or more? Across the entire temperature board mate when the car seems to lean out almost 10% off that...... when its hot....... so that 13.3 turns to 14.63 in PE.

Awesome fuel economy bud...... leaning it out really does help with that huh.....

As you can tell......... that guy PISSED ME OFF.
-------------------------------------------------

Anyway ignore my anger at wasting $700 and falling for a sales pitch........... look at powertorque.

Last edited:

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67

VE8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS Thunder
Dont goto East Coast Customs - Virginia.......

Biggest waste of money ever........ they pull massive timing and just strip fuel to nothing ...... Pull the timing out, lean the fuel out and hope for the best is what it seems to be there.

Of course this is all just my opinion...... And East Coast Customs were too busy to have me bring the car back and redo it of course like most companies that dont give

Thanks for your opinion BigDaddy, sorry to hear about your experience as I would be ready to choke someone if that happened to me. I find it really frustrating how a businesses can turn it on for you then don't wanna know you when they have your money, you should be a priority in such a situation. The quality of your tune which coincidentally is exactly what he said is wrong with mine is really your word against theirs but what really spooks me here is the customer service. So far I'm leaning towards Powertorque.

VTSSLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 A4 227rwkw
No idea what PowerTorque would charge, as it's already been tuned they might have to look at it first. But whatever it is, it's worth it. Give Shaun at PT a call 3881 3999 or email [email protected]

Don't know if they lock their tunes, I've never needed or wanted to take my car anywhere else for that to be an issue.