Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Red or White

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Take your pic

13912656_10207016758000266_2792135646671297816_n.jpg

eeny meeny miny moe

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
White with blackouts looks amazing on SII. Can't go wrong with red either although timeless colours like white/silver/black tend to age better in my opinion.

Humphrey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 2016 Redline...its here, and I love it !
White with the blackout pack for me....looks so good when it's clean.
Wasn't a big fan of the other colors available, and blacks a pain to keep clean.
Go the white

MALUR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice & VE2 Omega
Thanks all for replies and pics. I went with red in the end! (despite some better response for white from everyone). It was a harder decision than naming my children! I always was sold on white, but something about the front end of VF2 doesn't do it for me in white like it did on series one, so red it is! Was thinking of black roof but went against it.

boneart

Reaction score
Website
www.boneart.co.nz
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Redline
Good choice.

Went through the same thing myself. love the red hot, seriously love the white with the all black trim and also the black on black but as the car sees a lot of dirty and dusty roads, the black and also the white were not very practical. (particularly the black, I'll never touch another black car after having owned two)

In the end I went for red hot and I must say after owning it for 7 months I love the colour even more. When covered in dust it just looks a bit darker unlike all the sad looking dirty white or black cars I see around.
Also decided against the black roof which in my personal opinion makes them look old.

MALUR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice & VE2 Omega
Saw a sedan in 'some like it hot' for the first time the other day- looked awesome. Way better in the metal than photos do justice!
I walked into the dealership to buy a white Ute with blackouts as I’d seen a few VF2 with that combo and thought and still think they look sensational.

I walked out after ordering this.

IMG_4808a_zpsrqkecf4a.jpg

IMG_4723_zpsemxplniy.jpg

IMG_4634_zpsnuy6kpbg.jpg

A lot of people think it’s a crap colour but I love the look of it when it pops in the sun and it also means I’ve got an unpopular colour which makes it a bit more exclusive.

For a colour most people don’t like I see a lot of phones pointed at it to snap a photo whenever I park it out front of the shops at home and even though 99% of people don’t take any notice of cars, those that do often spin to watch it go by.

And when a young fellow in an FG XR6 takes the time to pull up beside you in traffic and winds down the passenger side window to lean across his girlfriend and say ‘it’s still a piece of ****’ you know you’re definitely on a winner.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
A lot of people think it’s a crap colour but I love the look of it when it pops in the sun and it also means I’ve got an unpopular colour which makes it a bit more exclusive.

For a colour most people don’t like I see a lot of phones pointed at it to snap a photo whenever I park it out front of the shops at home and even though 99% of people don’t take any notice of cars, those that do often spin to watch it go by.
I reckon a lot of people choose white & fleet metallic white (often called silver) because they think it helps resale; ignoring how boring it looks.
Then when people see a real colour, like yours, it pops.
I get heaps of people saying the dark mica green looks great; yeah, it shows up dust worse than silver, but it also looks less like a rental than silver.