Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Red vb project

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Mate I did replace the brake lines but hey could be faulty.

Going to visit a mate in Toowoomba, Stay at my Dads in Maroochydore and head up to the Brock Museum in Yeppoon.

I have the beast booked in at VIC Roads for reg next Friday.

Pete

I did the Yeppoon trip earlier this year - all I can say is AWESOME! Definitely worth the drive. By pure chance it was Peter Champion himself who conducted the tour the day I went. He said it was the first time he had done it himself. Boy did he have some stories for us about Brocky! Get yourself a good camera though, lighting makes it difficult to get good shots unless you have a decent camera. You'll love it.

I moved to Tooowoomba from Brisbane almost 2 years ago now. I really like the city - no major traffic jams to speak of, and still has the country town atmosphere. Very dry out here though....

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
Thats good to know about the Brocky museum. I had a look on line.

We are going to call in at Mt Panorama on the way up.

The diff is 60mm wider overall. THe rear brake lines are no problem.

Pete

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
Got my engineers approval certificate today.

Just got to fix these brakes to get a roadworthy.

Fixed the brakes. Replaced the master cylinder. A sticky bypass valve.

Last edited:

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
Got my RWC today and booked in for rego on Friday.

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
Well after 8 years off the road, 3 solid months of rebuilding every weekend and about $4000 later this beast it is now legally registered by VIC ROADS with a VR V6 with extractors and cat, VR K frame, VR T5, VN solid axle ls diff, VN V8 disc brakes, 1 inch m/cylinder, VN power steer rack and modified VR fuel tank.

Was it worth it?

Well it all went together reasonably well. I have a few teething problems to sort out. To be expected.

The car drives and handles fantastic thanks to all new nothalane bushes, super low king springs, munroe shocks, pirelli tyres and HDT sway bar.

The power to weight is good. Leaves most cars in its dust at the lights.

Yes it is definitely worth it.

Plans for the future are new dash, cluster, momo steering wheel and total respray in the original flamenco red.

Attachments

• VBred019.jpg
    VBred019.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 329
  • vbred20.jpg
    vbred20.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 263
  • vbred21.jpg
    vbred21.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 263
  • vbred22.jpg
    vbred22.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

no-doof

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Nice work! It's good to read up about this as I am looking at doing it to my VC. Are you running a 6cylinder or V8 pedal box from the VB? Does the standard clutch cable and everything from the VN mount straight up or did you have to change a few things? What radiator/hoses are you using?

Once again nice work, I'd be keen to see a few more pictures :p

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
Mate As far as I know all pedal boxes are the same from VB to VN 6 or 8 cylinder are the same. Use a stndard VN clutch cable.

I used a VB-VH V8 radiator that way you do not have modify your car to suit and the hose coneections are on the right side. Just use the standard hoses and trim an inch or so of the end. I just used a single thermo fan and have no problems with it getting hot.

Good luck with it.

Pete

no-doof

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Thanks for the info mate. I've been reading up a fair bit on this for a while now. I still don't know what diff I want to run as I want the 4 wheel disk brakes but eventually it will have 235's on the rear so I can't afford to have the wider VN diff. I might have to get the VN one narrowed...or maybe use a V8 diff from an early girl. It's hard to find a diff for a wagon though!

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
Mate

The widest I can run is 16 x 7 with 225s and that is with a bit panel beating.

Attachments

• vbred23.jpg
    vbred23.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 280