Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reducing exhaust fumes from cammed L77.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
i hope u told him it wasnt a diesel...
This guy was supposed to be one of the best, and I couldn't believe he was that dopey, he's right if its diesel or LPG. We later discovered he was a Pastry Cook who became a freelance engine tuner! Someone tried to bankrupt him 3 or 4 years ago blowing up a supercharged LS3 on the dyno.

Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
This guy was supposed to be one of the best, and I could believe he was that dopey, he's right if its diesel or LPG. We later discovered he was a Pastry Cook who became a freelance engine tuner! Someone tried to bankrupt him 3 or 4 years ago blowing up a supercharged LS3 on the dyno.
got to keep those boosted LS nice and cool was prob aiming for stoich under loads :rolleyes:

Fallsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon
Thanks for the reply, EYY.
In the mid 90's I had a cammed vc and vk, and I don't remember them stinking this much.

The only time it doesn't stink is when I'm running a tank of e85. But the trade off is I'll get around 150km from a full tank, and that's babying the thing.
On a full tank of 98, lucky to get 270km out of it as it is now.
Really think a retune could make the whole car better.

I will try and find some 400 cell cats and get them installed then get it retuned.
Holy **** that fuel economy is horrific. I get 450-500 to a tank of 98 in my blown and cammed 6.0. Does it smell like an XY with a massive cam dripping fuel out the exhaust

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Holy **** that fuel economy is horrific. I get 450-500 to a tank of 98 in my blown and cammed 6.0. Does it smell like an XY with a massive cam dripping fuel out the exhaust

It did.

After the tune by Dale Paterson the smell has been reduced by at least 50%.