Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remote key undetected in morning

Playz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2
As my title says my 2016 SSVR key is not opening car or remote starting only in the morning any other time it works perfectly.

I basically have to stand next to car for a minute or two pressing door and key before it works.

I start early in morning so if I put key into door and open that way the alarm goes crazy.

Anyone have a glimmer of hope. Car runs out of warranty end of Sep but knowing my local Holden service centre they will tell me there is nothing wrong as it work perfectly any other time but mornings.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
try a new battery in the remote and also try the spare key.
if that does not work you might be getting interference on the 433mhz bandwidth that is preventing your vehicles receiver getting the signal from the key.
there are a number of cheap Chinese devices on the market that use the 433mhz bandwidth for all sorts of things and they screw with other devices when they transmit so you or your neighbors could have something that is causing the issue.
a good way to test it is to park your vehicle at a friends house and try unlock it in the morning and see if the same thing happens.

the only other thing I could think of is the vehicles battery but if it has enough power to start the vehicle it should unlock the doors.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
try a new battery in the remote and also try the spare key.
if that does not work you might be getting interference on the 433mhz bandwidth that is preventing your vehicles receiver getting the signal from the key.
there are a number of cheap Chinese devices on the market that use the 433mhz bandwidth for all sorts of things and they screw with other devices when they transmit so you or your neighbors could have something that is causing the issue...............................

LOTS of things use 433mHZ to send signals. My B&D roller door remote control stops the door key remote working on
my VF (and my neighbours Subaru and Camry as we found out) and my electric front gate remote does the same :)

Playz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2
I’ll replace battery in keys but it’s both keys and both work fine except in morning lol

same spot at night and day is ok...Maybe a cold issue?!?

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
LOTS of things use 433mHZ to send signals. My B&D roller door remote control stops the door key remote working on
my VF (and my neighbours Subaru and Camry as we found out) and my electric front gate remote does the same :)
Yeah pretty much all rf remotes for doors and vehicles use 433 in australia and only transmit when you push the button but some chinese crap like doorbells and weather stations etc can also use it and they can transmit at random or all the time and it causes problems because when your vehicle receives one signal it cant receive another one at the same time so one device transmitting can work as a "signal jammer" for other devices.

same spot at night and day is ok...Maybe a cold issue?!?
I dont think the cold should effect it because remote unlocking works fine in places that snow.

Maybe the vehicle is entering a power saving mode overnight and shutting the receiver down and thats why it would be good to test it in the morning at another house to rule out interference and confirm it is the vehicle.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
just take it to the dealer and leave it overnight.

Tripxit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Wagon
I had similar issues a few weeks ago. Car wouldn't unlock or start from remote. Found my shed ceiling fan remote was the cause.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
As my title says my 2016 SSVR key is not opening car or remote starting only in the morning any other time it works perfectly.

I basically have to stand next to car for a minute or two pressing door and key before it works.

I start early in morning so if I put key into door and open that way the alarm goes crazy.

Anyone have a glimmer of hope. Car runs out of warranty end of Sep but knowing my local Holden service centre they will tell me there is nothing wrong as it work perfectly any other time but mornings.

How did you go with this?

My car is now doing the same thing. Neither remotes work in the morning and as far as I can work out, there are no new 433mh gizmo's around the garage etc.

Our old Nissan used to do something similar when the car battery was on the way out. So I was wondering if it might be the car battery is about to pack it in.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
battery is a 5 second swapout, could be a neighbour too.

Brown Dog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Nitrate Manual Redline
Mine did the same thing the other morning - both keys. So far has only happened once.....