Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing Door Trims on VK Berlina

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Sorry if this is placed in the wrong section peoples... but Santa happened to give me two speakers for the front in the doors, but I haven't the slightest on how to remove the door trim, my brother tried to remove it a while back when the Solex locks were installed, but failed..

Could someone help in the matter?

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
piece of cake

Unclip the rear side mirror cover
unscrew & remove the 2 arm rest retaining screws, hold the arm rest close to the door trim and rotate anti clockwise using the top as a pivot untill it slides easily out of the door trim.

If its an 84 model, unscrew the interior door lock actuator things, is its an 85 remove the cover trim.
remove the cover trim on the door opening latch.

now all that holds the door trim on are the retaining clips in the trim carefully pry the trim away from the door with a scraper if you dont have the proper tool.

If you want/need detailed photos i cam knock you up something more detailed

cheers
Scott

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Thanks for that, it helped! Apart from the window winder, how am I to get that off?

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
oh forgot that :)

ok there is a little C clip thatgoes into the winder handle, the handle has 2 slots in it that allows the clip to hit the shaft holding the handle on. the C clip has little tails on each end that will allow you to remove it.

2 ways

1 there is a tool that can do it you slide it along under the handle, between the black spacer/washer & the winder handle and it will puch the clip out.
2. use a clean strong ish rag, um cotton T-shirt material usually works well, thread it under the long part of the handle then between theblack washer/spacer & the handle, while keeping it firm against the handledrag the rag back & forth, this will cause the clip to come out.

If you need pics let me know i can take a few for you

cheers
Scott

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
nah thats fine mate, I got it all off etc etc.. but I forgot about the window arm when installing the speakers, now there's two 6" holes in the doors, and I can't do anything about it, oh bah..

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
i just took mine off to put solex locks on as well and lost the 2 c clips, can you buy these, when i go to put my window up or down my winder falls off.

cheers

scitt