Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing dried super glue

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Looking for tips on removing dry glue. Some PO has tried to glue the little centre console lid hinge cover. While it's hidden it's still annoying and looks bodge.
My thoughts are cotton wool balls and soak them in general purpose thinners and let them sit on it for a few mins and try to scrape it off with a flat head screwdriver. It's all over the place so it's not easily removed.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
Looking for tips on removing dry glue. Some PO has tried to glue the little centre console lid hinge cover. While it's hidden it's still annoying and looks bodge.
My thoughts are cotton wool balls and soak them in general purpose thinners and let them sit on it for a few mins and try to scrape it off with a flat head screwdriver. It's all over the place so it's not easily removed.
try nail polish remover

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
some glues on plastic look stuck but u can sometimes get under it and it peals off
Possibly why the cover can be easily pulled off. The glue obviously didn't have the desired affect.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Don’t use paint thinners.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I've always used a bit of laquer thinners but I reckon nail polish remover would do the trick in a pinch.

As said above try somewhere discreet first.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Why is that?
Didn't you try some thinners on a piece of plastic of the ve, you was trying to clean up, maybe 6 months ago, & the plastic deteriated. So you tossed it?