Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing trim to access tweeters

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Hi all , putting some component speakers in my ve and having trouble removing the trim that covers the tweeters . Are they screwed in or just clips . Thanks in advance

Taz_SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Un-clip the centre of the dash first then work your way to the tweeters, clips only. Ur half way there when u disconnect the centre speaker ;)

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Ok thanks . I noticed that the trim is in 3 sections , do you have to remove the centre piece with the sensor or just the 2 end pieces? I removed the centre speaker ages ago .

Taz_SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Just lift the centre piece, cause the side pieces clip up the centre pieces. So u gotta loosen/slightly lift the centre piece if that makes sense.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Just lift the centre piece, cause the side pieces clip up the centre pieces. So u gotta loosen/slightly lift the centre piece if that makes sense.
Yep makes sense , thanks ill give it a go

Rogue Trooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SII SV6
I've removed the drivers side trim several times and never touched the centre piece. The clips go in at roughly the same angle as the windscreen so you'd be pulling it out on that angle. Removing the A-pillar trim can help so you can get your fingers under at the side. Also a set of those plastic trim removal tools are great for just lifting the edges so you can get your fingers under the trim.

Tim-dietrich

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
What speakers are you putting in your car ive been planning on replacing mine for ages as one of mine destorts quite bad in the left rear door from what i understand there arnt many choices for speakers in these cars run 2 ohm speakers and most are 4 ohm is that correct im not 100% sure

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Im putting in a pair of Pioneer TS-G1605C plus amp

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I've removed the drivers side trim several times and never touched the centre piece. The clips go in at roughly the same angle as the windscreen so you'd be pulling it out on that angle. Removing the A-pillar trim can help so you can get your fingers under at the side. Also a set of those plastic trim removal tools are great for just lifting the edges so you can get your fingers under the trim.
Ok, ill try that approach, thanks .

Tim-dietrich

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
What speakers should i use if i want to retain the factory amp all i want to do is just replace speakers