Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window trim seal

Boomer79

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Holden Commodore VE Omega
I have never seen a 2006 VE Commodore to be honest and even the tech2 has nothing for a 2006 VE Commodore.
Now I know they built & released the VE Commodore in 2006 but has anyone actually noticed that the VIN is 7L and not 6L ????
Can someone show me a 2006 VE Commodore VIN as I would suggest the reason he could not find them is because there is no such thing as a 2006 VE Commodore and people should go by the VIN number not the built or delivered date.
Yeah my Vin classes it as a 2007 but it says that it's a 2006. I was confused as while going through my Vin no to work it out. I sent the vin to multiple sellers/sites but all of them said that they had nothing available for my model. I bought a random after market set from eBay. Thankfully they fit with no problems.

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
Yeah my Vin classes it as a 2007 but it says that it's a 2006. I was confused as while going through my Vin no to work it out. I sent the vin to multiple sellers/sites but all of them said that they had nothing available for my model. I bought a random after market set from eBay. Thankfully they fit with no problems.
Sellers are mainly morons so do your own homework but yes regardless or what your build date and rego papers say you have a 2007 VE Commodore when it comes to sourcing parts.

Boomer79

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Holden Commodore VE Omega
Sellers are mainly morons so do your own homework but yes regardless or what your build date and rego papers say you have a 2007 VE Commodore.
I'm no good with cars and parts. So I was utterly confused. Lol after I purchased the trims the seller wanted to refund me and not send them I told them that I wanted to try and see if they'd fit. As their model selection process was absolutely confusing. When they arrived they looked identical to the ones on my car and my neighbours car which is a 2010 model. When I told the seller they fit he said that he was surprised. Got them for $75.

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
I'm no good with cars and parts. So I was utterly confused. Lol after I purchased the trims the seller wanted to refund me and not send them I told them that I wanted to try and see if they'd fit. As their model selection process was absolutely confusing. When they arrived they looked identical to the ones on my car and my neighbours car which is a 2010 model. When I told the seller they fit he said that he was surprised. Got them for $75.
As I said most sellers have no idea and wreckers are worse.
I buy ECU's for testing & replacing for people and they want for the later models that take a E39 ECU $200 - $300+ for VE Commodore ones or I can just buy the Craptiva ones which are half the price and exactly the same thing as regardless they all need programming.
Some of them say send us your VIN and we will make sure it fits I just reply back don't worry just send it as I know it will work.

Reactions: Lex