Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Window trim seal

Boomer79

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Holden Commodore VE Omega
Hi all, I have a 2006 VE Omega series 1. My window trim seals on all 4 windows are stuffed and I'm having trouble finding one's for my model. If you have any information for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Ian

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
Have you looked at Australian Online Carparts? They're not the cheapest, but I can usually get what I'm after. I seem to remember they had these.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hi all, I have a 2006 VE Omega series 1. My window trim seals on all 4 windows are stuffed and I'm having trouble finding one's for my model. If you have any information for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Ian
What's a window trim seal? Also where have you tried as they should still be available.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The external trim along the top of the door/base of window. Has two weather seals but most now only have one because they have weathered away.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The external trim along the top of the door/base of window. Has two weather seals but most now only have one because they have weathered away.
Is that the horizontal rubber coated strips? If yes last I knew Holden still sell them. Thats where I bought mine. I've never seen them on eBay so I wouldn't bother looking there. Lots of Gen parts are hard to find online if Holden still carry them.

Reactions: mtd

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
Yeah, I think Holden do still carry them.
I went through the car parts place mentioned as it was with a load of other stuff.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
They are a bit pricey for what they are, but if you are cursed to have a Calais, they are ridiculously expensive.

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
They are a bit pricey for what they are, but if you are cursed to have a Calais, they are ridiculously expensive.
Well yeah, that goes for nearly all parts these days. Scarcity, supply and demand I guess.

Was in bunnies the other day and asked one of the senior paint guys why the heck basic paint is so bloody expensive now. Supply and demand again - it also doesn't help that there are actually very few producers now (although the brands are different, a quick look at the tin confirms this).

Boomer79

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Holden Commodore VE Omega
Thank you for the replies. I bit the bullet and bought a set off of eBay. Didn't say that they fitted but thought I could in sell if they didn't fit. Low and behold they fit which was awesome.

Reactions: Lex

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
I have never seen a 2006 VE Commodore to be honest and even the tech2 has nothing for a 2006 VE Commodore.
Now I know they built & released the VE Commodore in 2006 but has anyone actually noticed that the VIN is 7L and not 6L ????
Can someone show me a 2006 VE Commodore VIN as I would suggest the reason he could not find them is because there is no such thing as a 2006 VE Commodore and people should go by the VIN number when looking for parts not the built or delivered date.