Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Renting from Radio Rentals - Good or Bad?

The Stig

Reaction score
I looked at the flexi rent thing a while ago..

what a ripoff..

I was going to flexi a laptop and a digital camera (bout 3grands worth all up)

when they appeared with their little contract the total payments section said almost 8grand..

over double what the gear was worth... told them where to stick that right quick... went and got interest free and now own all the stuff outright... yeah its 2 years old and not current but geez.... you go pay cash for a TV today and its outdated tomorrow anyway....

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
To the last 2 guys, i don't really want to own something that will be outdated by the end of the interest free.

Put it this way, the TV at 10 a week, is 500 a year (give or take) on a TV worth 3000. If i was to buy it, that'd be 3000 at once (or the interest free).

That difference in money would be better spent on my car, as long term i have no plans on owning electrical goods.

By your logic then, buying a car on finance isnt the right thing to do(which i'd agree) however, fact is, even if it is dated after 2 years, you will still have it in 5.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
By your logic then, buying a car on finance isnt the right thing to do(which i'd agree) however, fact is, even if it is dated after 2 years, you will still have it in 5.

but that depends on the car. A $3000 Tv that will end up outdated, or a car you'll probably fall in love with (i know i have with mine, and will never sell it

vk_calais5.0

Jealous of Project VEE EL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS black
the interest killed me with RR but the quicker i paid them off the
sooner they were mine..laptop is worthless now tho because of windows vista.

i find it hard to save up for something and pay outright,cos as soon as i reach over 1 of 2k i think of what i can do to my car instead of latest technology.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
the interest killed me with RR but the quicker i paid them off the
sooner they were mine..laptop is worthless now tho because of windows vista.

i find it hard to save up for something and pay outright,cos as soon as i reach over 1 of 2k i think of what i can do to my car instead of latest technology.
How badly do you want it then?

I worked my arse off working 60-70 hour weeks for 3 months, saving everything and after it finished I came out with a bike and awesome gear.. A couple of mates were earning similar amounts to me and spent it all on grog, smokes, chicks and cars. It disappears fast and you've got nothing to show for it (other than the car)..

Imagine if you needed to save the money to save your life.. You'd find a way..

I'd much rather cut out a lot of the bull**** things and have something substantial to show for it after a given point in time..

djvsa

Reaction score
How badly do you want it then?

I worked my arse off working 60-70 hour weeks for 3 months, saving everything and after it finished I came out with a bike and awesome gear.. A couple of mates were earning similar amounts to me and spent it all on grog, smokes, chicks and cars. It disappears fast and you've got nothing to show for it (other than the car)..

Imagine if you needed to save the money to save your life.. You'd find a way..

I'd much rather cut out a lot of the bull**** things and have something substantial to show for it after a given point in time..

good post! sounds like u have your head screwed on, i wouldnt rent, waste of time, rent money is dead money right? saved up mate, gonna cost u heaps more, we have all done it though, i flexi rented a laptop from HN and it cost me way more than it was worth so it aint worth it, but its your call

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
unfortunatly for soem people renting is the only option, i know when i was aprentice the fridge at home blew it's guts out. so i had to get one quick smar, so i rented it. while i wont be singing radio rentals praises, i also wont be shooting them down.
i will not be renting with radio rentals again now im finaly on decent money. how ever if you are a low income earner and in a spot of bother then yeah, they do offer a good way out untill you are able to secure yourself the goods on your own.

i wouldnt sugest you use the rent idea for a tv for a x-box, kinda pointless if you ask me, (personal opinion) save up and buy it out right. those interest fee things are ok, providing you keep to a set amount of payments, and do-not alow it to fall past the final date of interest free payments.

do the homework first,

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Hey Stealthy,

If you have cash flow issues, maybe you can offload that manual console of yours cos I'm still looking for one for my VP Calais :yeah:

increase my bank account by $3000 and we have a deal ;)