Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing Fog Light Globes

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
I replaced the lows with 35w HID's and the highs with 55w HID's. Considering I used to have a mod done to bring the fog lights on with high beam, while retaining the ability to bring the fogs on by themselves, a set of 55w H11's in the fogs would be pretty impressive if used as high beam additional lighting.

I found the lights to be pretty useless in fog, and yes we get some pea-soupets here at times. I might wait to see what the HID's look like in fog before jumping in though

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Yeah I bought HOD's High Output Discharge they are Xenon's they do look nice matches the silver nitrate :) I'll post some happy snaps once I have installed the fogs in.

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
I'd be interested in seeing the pics for sure. I think the fogs would look awesome as the prob with mine now is the fog lights look horridly yellow compared to the others now

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
I've got a full Hid kit on my ssv, 35wtt lows, 50wtt highs,H11 35wtt foggies(they're actual Hids) & Led Parkers. I bought the complete kit thru Len @ EZIHID - HID Conversion Kits, Globes, All In One Kits, HID Lights Perth Western Australia, HID KitsAftermarket headlights Sydney Western Australia, Hid xenon kits Sydney, Hid xenon kits Sydney nsw, Hid xenon kits Sydney Western Australia, Hid convers, excellent bit of kit very easy to install due to them being all-in-one but not cheap. Btw you dont need to take your front bar off to access the foggies, put your car on full lock to the left then take out the 3 black plastic clips holding the inner guards(wheel well) on the drivers side & get someone to hold the inner guard against the wheel so you can access the fog light housing. With the passager side just unbolt the factory airbox(should be in your owners manual), and the fog light housing is directly underneath.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Alright as promised guys I have some photos of the finished product.

Apologies first for the quality of the shots should of taken them a tad earlier in the day, i did however take earlier shot but they didn't do justice.. hard to dictate doing this hopefully these will be ok. Also I had some problems with the parkers, so I had to revert back to the stock parkers I'm guessing they were a fault batch..

IMG_00211.jpg

IMG_00201.jpg

IMG_00171.jpg

IMG_00151.jpg

IMG_00141.jpg

As always photos don't do it justice.. ALOT better to see in the flesh.

Redars

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 9.5 SSV UTE
New on here so will fill in the gaps as soon as I can and Details to come. Own an my 9.5 ssv ute with some sensible mods that now see 422hp at the ass. Pics to be posted in time. Bught those same "HOD" globes that Fab was selling and have to say absolute ****. Duller than the original. I doubt if you really noticed any differance especially living in a built up area. I live in the Pilbara near the top of WA and good lights are a must. Ended up buying Phillips Extra Bright Lows and Highs and Big improvement over stock. "HID" seems the go for ultimate lights and and starting with the foggies first.More like Wild life Spotters up here ha ha. The Phillips globes really worked and are a good upgrade. $70 a set so for a bit more HID's seem the better option. Lights have been the only let down with the VE. Awesome car. "HOD" lights, not so good.
Cheers,
Red

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
yeah but having good lights means nothing for the foggies, not like you use them for vision. it's all about getting them to look good.