Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing Fog Light Globes

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Hey all,

Today I installed some new globes for the SV6 very simplistic process the only thing that gave me some hardship was un-clipping that little wire retainer to actually get the bulb out! Got there in the end. :)

Then I got to the stage to change the fog lights, now looking at the engine bay it didn't seem possible performing the change over from up top. So obvious solution would be going from the bottom to get to them, just wanting to know is it a difficult process? by the looks of things from what I saw I would have to un-screw the plastics from right under the bumper (screws where you could install the lip kit) and bolt or two further in.

That's basically from what I have seen is there anything I should be aware about? the process itself? I did read the owners manual, it stated that part of the glob replacement that a holden dealer should carry out but I would like to try this out for myself if its do-able. And also would I need to put the car up on a hoist to perform this? ( don't have access to a hoist thinking of using the incline of the driveway would be enough).

PS: Changed globes to 5500w from opg.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
Cheers.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Are there any decent globes available for the VE fogs ? Mine are weak as piss as standard

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Will they fit Berlina and Calais as well ? Says SV6, SS, SSV ... are they the same as berlina ?

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Hey mate.

to get the black panel out, there's 4 hex head bolts and some screws along the edge. Also a few clips holding it in. Then you're done - you'll be fine getting in underneath (well.. i needed ramps - but you know!)

I thought as much that would be the case, I just had to be sure. As for the other responses have a look on ebay and check out originalpartsgroup where I purchased the globes a set of H7's for the low beams and 2 sets of H11's for the high beam and fog lights ando of course the parkers. Fab the guy who I consulted with was really good about the whole thing best to shoot a email query.

As for the berlina should be the same as the SV6.

Hmmm a concern has risen, went to go see the missus tonight and naturally the first time seeing these lights at night I wanted to check em out what I found was the driver side parker was flickering then has stopped working when I arrived at the gf's and now the passenger is now flickering.... rest of the globes are fine at this stage just worried as to what is going on with them... any suggestions?

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Are there any decent globes available for the VE fogs ? Mine are weak as piss as standard

You need to understand that the lights you are referring to are fog lights NOT drivintg lights. The whole purpose of fog lights is to provide 'suttle' illumination during periords of fog. By activating the fog lights without the head lights being on (that's how they are intended to be used) the light whilst bright is not excessive preventing you, and probably other motorists, from being dazzled/blinded. So the object is to avoid excessive brilliance. I suggest that you leave the standard globes ijnstalled as the lights have been designed to comply with ADR's. (australian Design Rules)
Any (ANY) modification(s), unless approved to ADR standards, that change/alter/modify any aspect of your vehicle from the ADR standards/requirements that existed at the time of manufacture of your vehicle are ILLEGAL.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
An even easier way to get to the foglights is to remove three clips from the plastic in front of the front wheel, peel it back and its right there...