Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing Parker Lights

Dazmastaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Holden Calais V6 Supercharged
Hi,

Im new to this forum..and I just need a little help.
I bought some purple LED Parker Lights and wanna install them. But damn dont have a clue how to. I was wondering if any of you commodore experts know how to instruct me to do so.
Would highly appreciate any simple help.

Also, my rear left doors electric windows and central locking doesnt work. Does anyone else had a problem like this? Im not sure whats wrong with it.

Thanks again.

Daz

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
the park lights can be replacedby removing the headlight wiring and the rubber cup...

now finding the park light...

just look for the seperate wires inside the headlight assembly and pull gently! the park light should come straight out as its only held in by a rubber grommet. then replace and refit. getting the light back in can be a pain though!

also on the battery side it might be easier to take the battery out but it isnt necessary!

LowVtWagon

LowVtWagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VT Acclaim Wagon
rear window could be just the switch!! does it work when u use the front console switches???? if it does work, then its ur switch. as for central locking, could be ur lock actuator in that door!!

Dazmastaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Where are you from Daz?

Most states require white parkers. Purple, blue ect... all defectable and cop bait

Im from Brissy Ozzie...cops aint that bad here i dont think..unlike south australia and victoria!

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Im from Brissy Ozzie...cops aint that bad here i dont think..unlike south australia and victoria!

Yeah I'm originally from Brissy and they were pretty tough on it there, More so than Vic.

They pinpoint any change in colour from the wiper jets to wheel caps to undercar neons. Parker lights unfortunatly are no exception.

My advice if you really want to do it is to keep a spare standard set of parker globes in the car just incase you need to change them then and there. (saves the hastle of a yellow sticker being issued)

Dazmastaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
rear window could be just the switch!! does it work when u use the front console switches???? if it does work, then its ur switch. as for central locking, could be ur lock actuator in that door!!

I actually bought a new switch for it..and doesnt work still. hmmm..not too sure whats wrong with it. Probably have to check it out with the auto electrics...but i thought it wouldve been a simple self job problem. Thanks anyways.

Dazmastaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I'm originally from Brissy and they were pretty tough on it there, More so than Vic.

They pinpoint any change in colour from the wiper jets to wheel caps to undercar neons. Parker lights unfortunatly are no exception.

My advice if you really want to do it is to keep a spare standard set of parker globes in the car just incase you need to change them then and there. (saves the hastle of a yellow sticker being issued)

Oh true..dang! Yeah a few people have it here. Some passed through booze buses etc..and cops didnt do much. But yeah, Ill take your advice. Ill just play stupid if they pull me over lol.
Say i never noticed. Where you living now? I think Brisbane cops are lazy!
Ive been here 3 years now..and I havent even got breathalized yet! If this was adel or melb..I wouldve got it done alot of times now.

i think gold coast is more strict of defects. Since alot of nice cars like to go cruising down there..and it is a hot spot for hoons to show off and stuff!

Shaun m

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
You have your main headlight, then to the side there is parkers.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Coloured parker lights are gay. Is the door wiring loom plugged in inside the B pillar? May have been unplugged for some reason seems odd for two things to fail in one door.