Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing side mirror

Roarrrrrrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Hey I am wondering if its possible on a vs berlina to replace the mirror only. The mirror on mine is cracked and the outer casing is fine, the guy at the wreckers said its not possible, but I am sure there must be a way to take the old mirror out and put a new one in. If anyone has done so, or knows it is impossible, would be nice to know. Thanks :)

nes138

Reaction score
Members Ride
FC HOLDEN with 5LT V8 (VT)
I have a pair here for free if you want em? Then you can replace whole thing

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
Pretty cheap to buy the whole set new and easy to install yourself. Only problem you'll have is colour matching if you have an unusual colour.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
they got the mirrors in there so should not be impossible.. unless they heat seal them together once assembled.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
Hey I am wondering if its possible on a vs berlina to replace the mirror only. The mirror on mine is cracked and the outer casing is fine, the guy at the wreckers said its not possible, but I am sure there must be a way to take the old mirror out and put a new one in. If anyone has done so, or knows it is impossible, would be nice to know. Thanks :)

it is possible, ive seen it done but its a prick of an exercise. it involves taking the whole mirror apart, even the springs. the trick is getting the donor glass out without breaking it, then getting in your mirror without breaking it. much easier to just paint another one.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
or double sided tape the new mirror to the old one :smoking: