Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing the wiper motor water deflector.

nugar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Executive II S/Wagon
I have a VS Commodore and have had this rattle start up just recently sound likes plastic rubbing (similar sound as when as kids you put cards on you bike so that they rattle on the spokes), only notice it when the car reaches about 90-100kph, I have sort of narrowed it down to a cracked water deflector, and was wondering how do you remove the old one, so as a new one can be put back on. Never had a commodore before so I am unsure on how to replace it. Any help is most appreciated. :confused

Maxmadmat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina Wagon 3.8 & VS Sedan Manual 3.8
Good luck finding a new one, second hand ones normally have some cracking as they are rather thin plastic & not easy to get off without damaging. Black silicone sealant is your friend for this job.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
They are still available from Holden's, and rare spares make repos I have repo one on the Senator. To remove, take off windscreen wipers, then take off the bonnet lacing (thick rubber strip) then carefully remove the small clips under the windscreen on the back of the cowling. Be very careful, avoid levering as you may crack the glass. The repo ones come with new clips, so don't worry if they go flying. There was a earth wire in mine that I also had to undo on the passenger side. Finally you will need to give tug and maybe run a flat screw driver or stiff bit of wire under the ends where leaves gather, as there is some double sided tape holding it on to the body.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
You can get them off ebay as well

Sent by hijacking Wraiths GT-N8020

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
yeah, for a while they were very hard to get now you can find them everywhere......mines cracked/stuffed but never make a noise? you sure its that?

nugar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Executive II S/Wagon
yeah, for a while they were very hard to get now you can find them everywhere......mines cracked/stuffed but never make a noise? you sure its that?

I'm not 100% sure that it's what's making the noise but I've tied down and made sure nothing else is flapping in the breeze under the bonnet, and it's the only thing that is left that could be making the noise, maybe something has gotten under the deflector (as it's pretty knackered)and as soon as you get enough speed up and the wind funnels through the vents on either end it rattles.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
I'd be more inclined to say something is under there. Can't imagine you'd hear a bit of plastic rattling at high speed.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk