Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Resto Project - VS Charged Ute

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Was the E10 100RON? If it was running AVGAS I'd be pretty cautious about the fuel I used and running redline/WOT until you get a tune. Has it pinged at all?

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Not 100% sure. Needed fuel desperately and got "premium e10". I have some octane booster sitting around that could help?

No pinging that I am aware of. Pretty hard to hear beyond the charger though

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
If you're not sure of the RON it pays to stay out of boost and away from redline. All AVGAS is 100RON +. If I run anything less than 98 mine will ping at 3.5k rpm. Definitely get the tune looked at or you might end up in tears.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
I'll definitely look into it! Thanks for the info.

Tidied up the wiring a bit:

To:

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Have spent the last couple of days tidying up more wiring. Installed the autronic inside the glovebox. Had to modify the rear panel and line with rubber and then carpeted the glovebox. Much tidier.

Currently extending the power window switches. Pretty major learning curve for me as I've never played with wiring before. So far so good.

Dash apart and cluster out. Installed old speedo as the other one was out due to diff. Found old speedo to be broken. The speedo needle itself doesn't return to 0 for some reason.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Finished extending the power window switches and it all works well.

Extended and installed the power outlet / cig lighter and works fine now. Only issue is that the little green ring doesn't light up. Not the wiring as It wasn't working at all prior to extending it.

Mock boost gauge install

Carpeted glovebox with autronic install

Hopefully picking up the TBar and
Linkage tomorrow. Also planning on grabbing a handbrake and linkage. Should hopefully bolt straight up unless the coupling at the u shackle is different in the column shift to accommodate the "drop" style handbrake.

Found an existing hole for the handrake in the tunnel. The t bar appears to require further modification for install. The tunnel appears to be a different shape in the ute also.

Still yet to hook up the Hvac panel as the heater / aircon linkage requires a mod of some sort. Very limited room makes it a pain In the ass.

All a big learning curve

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Went to pickup t bar etc from a parts car and my mate bought the entire car. I now have to wait until the weekend to strip all the goodies off it.

Also scored two near new tinted front windows. Will remove my two window glass tomorrow in anticipation. Scored all parts for free so I am stoked. Hopefully be a fully functioning floor shift by next weekend

Also hoping to swap head unit with the one in the wife's car. Hers had allocation for double din whereas mine is now opposite. It'll be bullshit trying to get correct connectors though as double din is some flash yet weird import job from what I can find. Great head unit but very little on the net about it

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Gave the interior a bit of a scrub. Yet to get new power window switches and still have to put in stereo

Gave the bay a bit of a clean too. Removed radiator overflow and cleaned all the gunk out

Other groundbreaking mod for the day - installed v6 ecotech badge on drivers side fender. Bling

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Got my apprentice back after a year break due to wife oregnant birth of child etc etc

This is RUSTY! - the face behind the name

Think he approves of the new badge