Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Resto Project - VS Charged Ute

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
New power steering reservoir

Skirt primed

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
I WANT YOUR TOOL BOX.

Where did you get a new reservoir?

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
The toolbox is so damn handy!

Reservoir was from bursons - bargain at $35 mates rates or $50 retail I think. I used the original cap as it looked better. I think it is listed as vt to vz in the bursons catalogue.

Now I need a new coolant overflow and washer bottle to match :(

She's a beauty

No fluid in it yet as new power steering pump coming soon

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Installed power steering pump. Fairly incident free with the high pressure hose installing fairly easily surprisingly. Yet to bleed it or road test.

Scoured about 45 different vs at wreckers in hunt of clean and good condition centre console - nada none. Walked away with dash mat, cluster surround (only two busted clips - best out of 45) and a few missing lugs.

Dyno run in the next week hopefully. Am dying to see what this thing puts out. I have no clue currently. Hoping 180rwkw+ but so hard to say

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
No updates other than ####ing r/h fender and installing strut brace.

Still haven't tested it since doing power steering pump. Hopefully have time over weekend

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits

Bought some goodies but decided ill prob go better leads than what I purchased.

Installed. Looks better than black coils and hopefully helps with some better spark.

Power steering pump appears to not leak which is great...... BUT my belt is now slipping into the harmonic balancer! Everything appears to be lined up but it is sliding off the ac end. No idea what problem is.

Went out and bought a non ac belt as I was planning to remove it anyway. Thought it'd be a quick swap and forgot the ####ing charger has to basically come out to change belt

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Non ac belt installed and problem solvered!

It would appear that the ac was a bit loud too but it was hard to hear over the charger. I will eventually strip all ac gear to lose a bit of unnecessary weight.

Idling nice with new msd coils and leads.

Ratchet shifter and stereo are last two things to do to complete 2 seat conversion. Hopefully tackle shifter in a week or two.

Need to bash out fender and sort out side skirt and I'm back on the road

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
So I got a new alpine head deck after finding the double din too big. Plugged it all up and found that the amp and sub we're getting no power and fluked it with the wiring.

Sure as **** - the single din doesn't fit...... Dunno if the column shift have a different heater box but I have no chance of fitting a single din in the hole. The unit itself fits but add a couple plugs out the back and no chance.

Might try and mount it under the usual spot and see what happens.

Power steering not leaking but had a tonne of air in the system. It is still real tight at low speed but beautiful when running.

New plugs and leads helped the issue at WOT. She is running like a dream now.

Got rid of vx ss rims and now running on standard vz rims until I find a good set of 18s or 19s

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
They're always hard to fit back in I reckon. Ie the head unit.

New pics?

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Not wrong. I have decided to install in the bottom pocket section and use the existing area for gauges etc. the only bugger is that the aerial is not long enough. Also no electric aerial operation with the new deck. I think I need to find a blue wire and plug on a red/yellow.

Only pics are with pov temporary wheels with skirt re fitted. Really shows the two different tints. Need to finish the rest of the tint ASAP

And distance shot. Only one I've got with brace fitted

Interior still work In progress. Also found radiator leaking a tiny bit. Nice excuse to upgrade to bigger radiator

Last edited: