Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Resto Project - VS Charged Ute

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits

Engine bay as it sits now. Slowly cleaning it up!

Considering painting overflow or stashing it somewhere. Also need to paint strut brace frame and remove a/c gear

Suggestions appreciated on any of this build.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I haven't checked in here for a while Rusty. Looks like you've been busy with plenty of good work.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Thanks heaps guys. I'm pretty proud of how it's coming along but the mrs prob wants divorce. Bad news for her is that we're moving to house with 2x 2 car garages, three sheds and undercover parking for two more :)

Had to build fittings for transmission part of alloy radiator.

I removed (hacksaw) the old trans fittings and found their OD and thread to be same as the OD and thread on the alloy radiator.

Found a hollow fitting with same id and thread as the trans fittings. Teflon on old rad fitting and rad and eureka. Autobarn wanted $80 for fittings and radiator shop wouldn't do it.

I'll add some pics soon as the above is confusing even me

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Got sidetracked and relocated the charcoal canister to behind the fog light area. Looks a bit cleaner.

Hooked up trans lines and then found the smaller line from the charcoal canister was disconnected from the purge thingo at the back of the block. Made a fitting that won't come off.

Considering relocating power steer reservoir as it's all cramped with charger and alloy radiator etc. tricky as it needs to be at highest point?

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
In the process of installing baffled chrome transmission sump pan that I had sitting around. Found that I had somehow overfilled the trans so it was perfect excuse to slap it on.

Also has a sump on the pan as well which is handy.

Working on fixing some minor dings in roof to ready it for paint.

Will add pics later tonight

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Done and done

Looking from the front

And from the back

Decided today that i want to run the exhaust as dual all the way through. It meets behind the diff at the moment so would be easy to route out the otherside of the rear bumper

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Considering relocating power steer reservoir as it's all cramped with charger and alloy radiator etc. tricky as it needs to be at highest point?

Just needs to be higher than the pump. Mines cable tied to the fuse box thanks to the intake, lol. Works a treat though.

Clean Bay.jpg

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Suffered a pretty big head knock on Friday and been unable to work on anything.

Just bought another lil project though

Got all the bits sitting around to bring it back to looking sexy. I love the colour, rear lip and price!

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Filled the ute radiator and trans and bled the coolant. Found that I've blown the vac line from the purge solenoid thingo to charcoal canister. Also found throttle body vac line at the bottom disconnected?

Vr S Pac - put two new front seats in, degreased block. Cleaned interior and carpets (carpet immaculate and interior excellent)
Picking up some 17s this morning to slap on.

Issues found (as expected) - windscreen cracked. Idler pulley shot. Sump pan dented. Rocker gasket leak. Exhaust mount, couple of steering bushes, 2x window regs, paint fade to roof and pillers, missing horn pad, no stereo or speakers. Elec aerial not work, elec mirrors not work.

All in all - sweet FA needed to bring the her back to life.

Good bits found - new SL shocks, struts and springs. 2.5" exhaust, 9mm leads, 800w ported sub and amp and other bits