Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rights at work protest today

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
dont teachers already get something like 50 000 dollars first year out of uni?!?!?!
in my opinion there earning way too much!

And yet another uneducated ignorant fool.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
One has to wonder how many of these members were around when the unions run the country. I remember when the docks were closed & the country come to a near standstill because the dockworkers could occasionally smell a dim sum factory down the road. They got more money & went back to work, the rest of us had to pay more for freight as the overheads increased. This made all the food prices increase which then had other unions on strike for higher wages. It ends up in a vicious circle that doesnt stop.
FFS when I was 11 years old I went to do a days work with my father who is a tiler to get some money to fix my pushbike. Fcuking union members walked off the site until I either joined for 3 X what I was going to earn or left. They are a bunch of headless dicks with only thoughts for themselves.
As for a company streamlining for profits it is the only way that we will be able to keep industry in Australia. The way we are going everything will be sourced overseas & noone will have a job. Think about it. If company A makes more profit that means he can buy more product from company B. Company B will have to expand to meet demand which means their workforce will increase. The whole country will profit from this instead of sending our dollar overseas.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
. If company A makes more profit that means he can buy more product from company B. Company B will have to expand to meet demand which means their workforce will increase. The whole country will profit from this instead of sending our dollar overseas.

company B is most probably an overseas company anyway

And yet another uneducated ignorant fool.

and what qualifications do you actually have that make you a far superior person to everyone else?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
company B is most probably an overseas company anyway

and what qualifications do you actually have that make you a far superior person to everyone else?

Never said i was superior, not once.

My skills are irrelevant to this but if you must know i have quals in assessment and audit of HACCP systems and also QEC systems, i have bach of management and just general life skills that i have been able to pick up over the last 10 years within the defence force and work places. I start my commerce course next year so for the next 2.5 years(gained credit in previous courses)i will be studying so that i can also get into the accounting side of things. There are about 15 other small courses i have done over the years which i could list, but what is the point.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Minux I am an uneducated fool who only did year 12. I have been trying to some of your posts but there have been many and I have other things to do at the moment. All I want to know is where you stand with the new laws and how thery will or wont affect you. What is your position and how big is the company you work for?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Minux I am an uneducated fool who only did year 12. I have been trying to some of your posts but there have been many and I have other things to do at the moment. All I want to know is where you stand with the new laws and how thery will or wont affect you. What is your position and how big is the company you work for?

lol your uneducated? if you say so, although you certainly havent proven that :)

the new laws i think are great, i think that employers should have the rights to do what they feel to workers to an extent. For me they won't really effect myself as i am on a contract. For people i work with, different story. Their positions are performance based, if they do not perform or sugar coat a resume to get in we quickly know. As for my position i am National Manager of a business that currently employs about 50,000 worldwide. this is currently expanding very fast as new business is taken over. Can't say to much but as of Feb 1st the enitre group of take over companies will merge under one name.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Thank you so much for proving how stupid some people are. before you say anything maybe you should read my posts. If my job is made redundant, then i am working at 100% which is my aim.

Your absolutly loving this arn't you?

Its now got nothing to even do with the original topic..

This is the 3rd thread ive read that you cant miss the cahance to show this hole forum how much better you are.. i know green_gopher is thinking it and im gonna say it.... "grow a pair" (taken from the supior highly educated one) and get some modesty. ffs ya tool

aZk.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
dont teachers already get something like 50 000 dollars first year out of uni?!?!?!
in my opinion there earning way too much!

I think they earn pretty piss poor pay, given that they put themselves through uni for 4 years. I think I read somewhere that along with nurses, teachers are on average the lowest paid profession (of those that require uni degrees).

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Oh and I forgot to add, I don't care if you guys disagree, I don't mind heated debates, it makes the place interesting. But next time one of you guys wants to resort to petty name calling eg. 'tool' etc... expect to receive an infraction :)

If you can't get your point across without resorting to name calling you mustn't have a very strong point.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Your absolutly loving this arn't you?

Its now got nothing to even do with the original topic..

This is the 3rd thread ive read that you cant miss the cahance to show this hole forum how much better you are.. i know green_gopher is thinking it and im gonna say it.... "grow a pair" (taken from the supior highly educated one) and get some modesty. ffs ya tool

aZk.

Minux may be a pain in the arse but he makes some very valid points. The new legislation is not all bad. I'm cautious with regards to some sections, especially the unfair dismissal bit, the new procedures with regards to industrial action are a bit weird as well, it's like they've gone most of the way towards banning it but not quite in a really complicated manener. In general though, the changes just make it easier for a business to operate efficiently and harder for the unions to cause trouble which let's face it is basically all they do. The Australian unions of today are so far removed from the purpose they were created for that it's ludicrous, the dudes need a big reality check.

Anyway, I'm guessing no-one here has actually read the legislation, I know I haven't as it's farkin huuuge! I do have something useful though, a 20 page summary of the main document, I'll attach it and I reccomend you all have a browse through it, it's not hard to read and lists all the interesting bits. The dude who did the summary is a little left wing but he does a pretty decent job of remaining impartial.

Attachments

• IR changes summary.pdf
    178.1 KB · Views: 185