Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rights at work protest today

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
that last post was meant to be a joke

Last edited:

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
This is all very well and good for you, but what happens when you make the job so efficient that it makes you redundant? NOBODY.. NOBODY is irreplaceable... at all... and with the new IR laws, your contract is a piece of paper with squiggles on it when it comes to crunch time...

Sounds like you crawl up to your supiorrs so with new ways to cut off the deadwood.. good work... just wate till that wood is you.

more to the point.. i dont see why its such a big deal to protest, its done for famie, poverty, sexism etc... Industrial Relations can make it too.. thank god someone says something.

aZk.

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
I'm a second year electrician apprentice and I would have been there if I could have afforded an unpaid day off. But, I work to support my family, living with my fiance and two kids and I earn just enough as it is to get by... one unpaid day would have killed me.

So you people think that our rights aren't worth fighting for? It's not about asking for more, it's about keeping what we've already got. The allowances and benefits that we get now that John Howard wants to take away from us. I like the benefits and various allowances I get now, and would definitely fight to keep them. I don't see how people could see that as a bad thing.

I chose to be an electrician because it interests me, and it pays well. I wouldn't have chosen it if it didn't pay well... I need to be able to support my family and I want to do it as comfortably as possible... John Howard is trying to make it as difficult as possible for us. That's what liberal is all about, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer... it makes me sick. Would love to see him work as a tradey for a year then have some d***head tell him his wages are going to be cut, allowances cut, no benefits (rdo's, annual leave, paid sick days, overtime etc.), and the boss can legally sack him for no reason then offer him his job back for half the wage. I don't think he'd be too happy about it. What a load of crap these IR laws are... what was wrong with the way things were going to begin with anyway? Nothing! Everyone was happy, so why f*** with the laws? If it ain't broke, don't fix it... isn't that how the saying goes?

Anyway I've rambled enough I think... John Howard can suck my you know what and shove his pathetic laws where they belong. Wouldn't surprise me if he was shot dead tomorrow, he is making life too hard for too many people.. while all the rich c***'s are laughing all the way to the bank.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Some of the new laws are going too far though, it's all very good for the business owners to get back some power from slackers who will do anything they can not to have to work too hard and still get paid

But the ugly side of it is I know of someone who was sacked for attending their fathers funeral despite swapping that shift with another worker and working in the hospitality industry some of the changes to shift allowances, etc are unfair

I work damn hard and have no doubt that my current venue would have closed without me being there but at the same time I have sacrificied a lot of my time to get it where it is now. To then be able to be sacked without reason for someone who wants to come in and do it at a cheaper rate, etc just isn't right

A lot of big hospitality supplier companies have gone to s$%t since the new laws have come in and service levels, etc have gone out the window as workforces are trimmed, etc to present a better bottom line to shareholders and board members pockets

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
Well if you were better educated you surely would have a better job, if you had better experience(again a form of education) you would have a better job, i find it hard to beleive that one stays in a **** job simply because they want to?.
Again you refer to my aparent ignorance. The reason I have a **** job is because it's difficult to make a fresh start whilst paying exhorbitant rent prices, whilst caring for my 2 children. Don't come back with that "I'm-beter-than-you" bullshit because you're not. money doesn't make you a decent person, just rich. Do a little research and you'll see what I mean about rent prices here.

I am very thankful this, i wouldn't trade my life so far for anything, i've travelled to everywhere nationally and internationally that i have ever wanted to, i have served in 2 conflicts on the front line, i have a great gf(soon to be fiance) i own my house and mortgage others, i have the cars i enjoy. I worked my ass off for my life and i am happy about that. So i am defiantly glad we do not have anything in coomon.
And here you use your money and military experince to show me you're better than me again. If you were living here as I am then your money would mean precisely dick, so again, don't compare your life to mine.
There's no point continuing this argument, so I'll just leave it by saying
Don't compare yourself to another until you have lived an identical life

Last edited:

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I'm a second year electrician apprentice and I would have been there if I could have afforded an unpaid day off. But, I work to support my family, living with my fiance and two kids and I earn just enough as it is to get by... one unpaid day would have killed me.

So you people think that our rights aren't worth fighting for? It's not about asking for more, it's about keeping what we've already got. The allowances and benefits that we get now that John Howard wants to take away from us. I like the benefits and various allowances I get now, and would definitely fight to keep them. I don't see how people could see that as a bad thing.

I chose to be an electrician because it interests me, and it pays well. I wouldn't have chosen it if it didn't pay well... I need to be able to support my family and I want to do it as comfortably as possible... John Howard is trying to make it as difficult as possible for us. That's what liberal is all about, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer... it makes me sick. Would love to see him work as a tradey for a year then have some d***head tell him his wages are going to be cut, allowances cut, no benefits (rdo's, annual leave, paid sick days, overtime etc.), and the boss can legally sack him for no reason then offer him his job back for half the wage. I don't think he'd be too happy about it. What a load of crap these IR laws are... what was wrong with the way things were going to begin with anyway? Nothing! Everyone was happy, so why f*** with the laws? If it ain't broke, don't fix it... isn't that how the saying goes?

Anyway I've rambled enough I think... John Howard can suck my you know what and shove his pathetic laws where they belong. Wouldn't surprise me if he was shot dead tomorrow, he is making life too hard for too many people.. while all the rich c***'s are laughing all the way to the bank.

I also have a wife and 2 kids to support on one wage, i am a earthmoving contractor by trade.
I went to a gas plant near port campbell to work, i had my red card and was assured by my employer that the unions would stay out of my way and let me work.
I can tell you i was haggled for 2 weeks everyday to join up, it got to the point that he threatened to have me banned from every site he could cause i wouldn't join, this wasn't even a union site i was working on!
I'll say it again, the unions are a pack of hypocritical bastards imo.
All i want to do is go to work and earn some money, but i want to work for it:p

Outlaw Torn

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 FORD EA Falcon (So sue me)
IMHO, if people arent prepared to put in the effort to work harder to be recognised, thats their loss. No point whinging about more money for the same level of work. Simple as that.

(i dont know about the strikes everyone is talking about, this is just my general opinion)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
This is all very well and good for you, but what happens when you make the job so efficient that it makes you redundant? NOBODY.. NOBODY is irreplaceable... at all... and with the new IR laws, your contract is a piece of paper with squiggles on it when it comes to crunch time...

Sounds like you crawl up to your supiorrs so with new ways to cut off the deadwood.. good work... just wate till that wood is you.

more to the point.. i dont see why its such a big deal to protest, its done for famie, poverty, sexism etc... Industrial Relations can make it too.. thank god someone says something.

aZk.

Thank you so much for proving how stupid some people are. before you say anything maybe you should read my posts. If my job is made redundant, then i am working at 100% which is my aim.

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
dont teachers already get something like 50 000 dollars first year out of uni?!?!?!
in my opinion there earning way too much!

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
dont teachers already get something like 50 000 dollars first year out of uni?!?!?!
in my opinion there earning way too much!
are you a teacher? do you know what is actually involved with teaching?

im guessing not as that is the most ignorant statement that has been posted in this thread. how the hell can you say a teacher earns too much you you (obviously) have no fugging clue what goes into it. its not just 9am start and 4pm finish, there is planning after hours, weekends... not to mention all of the **** head kids you have to put up with. and then there is the abusive parents who think they know more about your job then what you do! dont forget the time at uni, the weeks/months of UNPAID practical experience required and the difficulty of getting a job in some areas.

do yourself a favour, talk to a teacher, do some research, get informed and THEN come back and repost your opinion. it will make you look a little less stupid.