Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rim Sizes

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Who did you buy from on ebay if you don't mind me asking?

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
The tyres.. I was going to buy the Hankook's for about $250 a tyre.. Then I was thinking the Falken's for $220..

The guy at Beaurepaire sold me 4 Falken tyres with 10,000k on them, they have 8mm of tread on them and the nipples are still there for $100 each.. He also said he'd rotate and balance them every 5,000k for me, for the life of the tyres, for free..

He said I should get at least 30-40k out of them if I drive normally (ie. no burnouts and drifting) and have them rotated and balanced every 5k..

I reckon I picked up a pretty good buy..

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
$1000 + postage...
Falken Ziex? I was considering those but have been told they're not very good. If you drive carefully you should get a decent lifespan out of them, but I'm not a fan of getting second hand tyres.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
Spyper said:
$1000 + postage...
Falken Ziex? I was considering those but have been told they're not very good. If you drive carefully you should get a decent lifespan out of them, but I'm not a fan of getting second hand tyres.
Yeah me neither, but I took it anyway.. Even if they only last 20,000 I've paid only $100 for them.. When you think of it in terms of Dollar per Tread, I'm getting good value..

Also the free rotating and balancing every 5k will mean it'll last longer..

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais International - RIP VR Turbo
I got quoted by the dude on ebay who sells these rims, $1300 with tyres which is a good deal. Will be buying these rims soon.
Can anyone post pics of these rims on a car?

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok I got my rims on Friday.. I paid by Netbanking on Tuesday nite. He received the money on Thursday. They arrived at 11:00AM on Friday..

Had the tyres fitted within an hour of getting them, including alignment and balancing..

Also spent most of yesterday painting the calipers.. They look f*cking awesome..

Only problem is that the car looks a bit high, 18's on a stock Exec, I think i need to get it lowered a bit..

The guy said that Series 2 VX's come with a toe kit and all I need are King Springs.. Is that right?

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
That's what I've heard too, but my mechanic says it needs a camber kit. Let me know what you find out dude, cuz I wouldn't mind saving 300 =P

I haven't put my wheels on yet, not doing it til I lower it.