Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rims for '08 VE Omega

tee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega '08
Hey all,

I'm just having some trouble on deciding on some new rims for my '08 VE Omega. The car is in phantom black and definitely want to go black/matte black rims in 18"

Suggestions?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Search rims on google. View. Done. No one knows exactly what you want.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Very personal choice....
Just lower it at the same time.. Omega spec height + big rims + low profile tires = ridiculous looking.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
You will not find much of a choice in black in 18 inch as most of the aftermarket wheels in the finish you want for VEs tend to be 19 and 20 inch.

If you want only 18 inch consider getting a set of 18 inch VE SS /SV6 wheels and have them painted satin black. You should be able to pick up a "used" near new set at a good price.

Alternatively have a look at the VE Calais E2 wheel in 18 inch(10 spoke design) and have them painted black.

tee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega '08
Very personal choice....
Just lower it at the same time.. Omega spec height + big rims + low profile tires = ridiculous looking.

Yeah definitely lowering it at the same time mate. Seen an omega with 19" on stock springs, looks stupid

tee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega '08
You will not find much of a choice in black in 18 inch as most of the aftermarket wheels in the finish you want for VEs tend to be 19 and 20 inch.

If you want only 18 inch consider getting a set of 18 inch VE SS /SV6 wheels and have them painted satin black. You should be able to pick up a "used" near new set at a good price.

Alternatively have a look at the VE Calais E2 wheel in 18 inch(10 spoke design) and have them painted black.

Yeah I've been looking around, pretty hard to find 18" in black. Initially I was going for 19" SSV wheels in charchol, but I thought it would look too big on the omega?

tee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega '08
kmc_rockstar_km775_matt_black.jpg

Looking at these at the moment, not liking the star centre cap though

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
The 5 spoke 19 inch SSV wheels will definitely not look too big on your black Omega.

I would not go with those half baked dark grey variety of SSV rims though. It's personal taste but silver or full black will look way better than those dark grey things, especially on a black car. A few guys have photos of their cars here with the 19 inch SSV wheels painted full black and they look excellent.
For example have a look at the green car on page 5 of this thread (Bradb's car)...http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-holden-commodore-2006/152423-king-springs-ves-5.html

There are pictures of a few others with the same wheels painted full black but I cannot remember off hand which thread they are in.

2. Bavaria Wheels do their BC10 Concave wheel in 19 inch in matte Black (as well as machine face). These wheels look quite good on VEs in full black. Have a look at the Fawkner Tyres web site for these but I think you will need to go to the Bavaria site to see them in black.
This guy has them on his VE now in black but in 20 inch.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/bonners-new-white-e3-clubsport-5.196050

3. Have a look at the VERTINI Magic wheel in Matte Black. These are available in 19 by 8.5 inch and look quite good on VEs. Go to the Ozzy Tyres web site and check them out.

Just a few suggestions for you to consider if you want to go 19 inch full black.

archie95

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
hey bud, if you look on my profile my Omega is currently on 19'' SSV thunders... looks pretty mint and definatly not big

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
kmc_rockstar_km775_matt_black.jpg

Looking at these at the moment, not liking the star centre cap though

im contemplating these when i get a white ve ute, ive got mixed opinions on them but i love them, also if your not keen on the centre star you can leave it off, just be prepared to have the studs and hubs showing, though ive seen that on a red gts and it looked pretty sweet, a bit more racy