Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ripped Off By Rob

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
lol its not the car but the car is in the background so it aint in storage haha

Good spot... but Rob just messaged him yesterday to say the car is in storage. The eBay photo is obviously older than that.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Good spot... but Rob just messaged him yesterday to say the car is in storage. The eBay photo is obviously older than that.

Good point I did'nt look at the dates on it all but im tippin its still were it is in the pic.

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
im not defending anyone here but didnt the buyer win the car for 5 grand in the first place? , all the other dodgy **** aside ...if you buy something you pay for it before you take it away.

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
in this case that would have been very idiotic, no you don't pay for it before you take it away. When it comes to cars that is, you DO need to do a test before comitting to buy. I have sold my car online, and it was a mint Honda. The guy rang me up I agreed to take it for him to take it for a spin, he loved it. Arranged tests and the deal was done. he paid me the cash and took the car away after he was happy. :)

That is how it should be done, and not "here's a picture, give me money, then you can take a peek"

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
in this case that would have been very idiotic, no you don't pay for it before you take it away. When it comes to cars that is, you DO need to do a test before comitting to buy. I have sold my car online, and it was a mint Honda. The guy rang me up I agreed to take it for him to take it for a spin, he loved it. Arranged tests and the deal was done. he paid me the cash and took the car away after he was happy. :)

That is how it should be done, and not "here's a picture, give me money, then you can take a peek"

yeh i agree he should have looked at it in person before wadding over 1000`s on the net , i just meant that even though the seller was a douche the buyer still hadnt payed the full ammount.
too me it looks like the seller was using the buyers money too work on the car before handing it over ( aka rebuild it on the cheap dogily and make a few k profit) but the buyer caught him in the act.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
You can't advertise a car as drivable and use the money from the sale of the car to make it drivable, that's false advertising. You place an ad on the exact condition of the car at the time of placing the ad.

I would have given a 10% deposit and paid the rest in cash when I have driven the car.