Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rocker cover gaskets

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
dunno about the vn but on my vp the rear bolt on the drivers side took me ages cos of the brake booster getting in the way.

overall it's not a hard job though probably take you about ~30 mins but 10 mins of it will be on that bolt i mentioned

MUNTED6

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn berlina
its pretty simple but make sure u scrape the melted rubber gasket thats stuck on the edges of the rocker cover n clean ur cover u mite have truoble with the drivers side gasket cos of the bolt holding the power steering pump. also just hand tight it wen u bolt it all on and wen u bolt it up do it like ur bolting up a wheel meaning opisite ways

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Mine has an oil leak too, Cogez, just a few months later, just like yours. Dammit. I've high pressured my engine bay so it's all clean so I'm going to work out where the hell it's coming from (dripping on my headers = burning smell) and fix the damn thing properly.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
its pretty simple but make sure u scrape the melted rubber gasket thats stuck on the edges of the rocker cover n clean ur cover u mite have truoble with the drivers side gasket cos of the bolt holding the power steering pump. also just hand tight it wen u bolt it all on and wen u bolt it up do it like ur bolting up a wheel meaning opisite ways

Yeh, it's a real pain on the drivers side, passenger side was easy as but drivers was a prick of a job because of the power steering pump bolt

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
i am not 100 % sure how good new gaskets are. i bought some off ebay and they were supose to be for a buick. but they were a lot thinnner than the old ones. i put pollished covers on so i thought i should replace the gaskets too. they leaked right from the word go, even with silicone on them. so i put the old gaskets back on, as they were nice and big and soft..
but maybe i was sold the wrong gaksets..
i just thought it would be something for people to look out for..

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
i bought a set when i painted my rocker covers, i can't remember the brand but i got em at autobarn and the pack has orange and blue writing, they seem pretty good and thick, but i didn't end up needing them