Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Ron Burgundy" 08' VE Omega.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Come in cuz, you got an omega and you think that grille is ugly? ;)
All the cheap black plastic bits like the missing fog light fillers and black window strips are the issue.
Find someone wrecking a Calais or something and pimp yours up a bit.

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
Come in cuz, you got an omega and you think that grille is ugly? ;)
All the cheap black plastic bits like the missing fog light fillers and black window strips are the issue.
Find someone wrecking a Calais or something and pimp yours up a bit.
For the grille I'm actually contemplating just making a custom one, just need another for a template that doesn't have chrome bulging out of it haha I been to a few wreckers and they want near new prices for half the stuff. and my main wreckers who have too many VE's and VZ's are really out of the way haha

So does Calais gear swap over easy? I always thought they had bigger grilles and all that?

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I thought all grilles were the same size?

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
I thought all grilles were the same size?
I'll let ya know when I find one, but I swear I heard somewhere on here that calais lights and what not can't be swapped out. whether the grille is the same, i'm not sure. I could be very wrong tho.

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Penrite GL5, the expensive one.
Look up your car on the Penrite website. I bought a 2.5L bottle and have almost half left over

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Penrite GL5, the expensive one.
Look up your car on the Penrite website. I bought a 2.5L bottle and have almost half left over
I shall do that now, when it comes to flushing/replacing fluids, would you recommend getting some cheaper oil and fill it up after draining and go for a little drive, then empty and fill with the good quality stuff? My old man is a backyard mechanic like the most of us and has always done that little procedure. Just seeing if it's heard of haha

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I shall do that now, when it comes to flushing/replacing fluids, would you recommend getting some cheaper oil and fill it up after draining and go for a little drive, then empty and fill with the good quality stuff? My old man is a backyard mechanic like the most of us and has always done that little procedure. Just seeing if it's heard of haha
Might improve the end result by 1 or 2 percent ;)
If I could do it without running short I would just drain and fill with the GL5 then repeat in a few months with the rest of the bottle. But, there isn't enough for 2 complete fills so it would work out being a bit bush mechanic doing a half drain the second time.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L