Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Ron Burgundy" 08' VE Omega.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yes,plenty on Ebay including genuine.

Be careful where you place it in the Engine bay,i bumped mine off the top of the front guard when filling the oil and it fell down a gap under the headlights.I had to buy another whilst trying to work out how to get it out,no room/space .
Must admit the same thing happened to me one day with my headlight bulb cover. Next day driving to work it rolled out when turning a corner and bounced across the road!!!

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Looking at replacing my plastic yellow oil cap, got some dry cracks starting to form and is just filthy, previous owner didn't seem to like to keep the motor clean. So looking at this. Hopefully it fits alright. Or if anyone knows of any better/other ally oil caps, let me know.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3720538...CTszleKFWe7o8WwHAtJGsjOYZJgFA-10aAkFeEALw_wcB
If it's that dirty it's not a good sign. Means the inside of the engine is probably just as bad and full of crud. I'd be thinking about how to clean it up before it gives you trouble. Things like high detergent oil, regular oil change when it starts getting dark, using lifter free or similar stuff to clean it while you drive. ...

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
If it's that dirty it's not a good sign. Means the inside of the engine is probably just as bad and full of crud. I'd be thinking about how to clean it up before it gives you trouble. Things like high detergent oil, regular oil change when it starts getting dark, using lifter free or similar stuff to clean it while you drive. ...
Oh it's just the cap itself, I've done a major service and cleaned this motor up very nicely compared to how it was. Oil is still looking brand new, no leaks. Just think the car was sitting for a long while in a yard and dirt just stuck to it and other parts due to residue i'm guessing. I've spent a pretty penny fixing this thing up even tho its under 100K ODO. Running like a dream now

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
I probably made it sound worst then it is haha

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I probably made it sound worst then it is haha
Your lucky if it's just the outside!
Plenty of people have found out the hard way with these that they bought one that never got serviced and was full of goop inside.

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Your lucky if it's just the outside!
Plenty of people have found out the hard way with these that they bought one that never got serviced and was full of goop inside.
Yea I was lucky with that, I got unlucky with a shot torque converter. But the throttle controller for now helps with that, doesn’t let it hold 4th, just drops down and avoids the grind haha I did 2 flushes of the motor myself before taking it for the major. First lot was nasty, aswell as the trans oil. But got it as clean as I could and since, it’s been looking good.

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Had some alfoil tape laying around, so as much as I know it will do next to nothing, I applied it since the tubing sits on top of the radiator and the box itself can get warm. I hate how you can’t get the tube smooth, but hey, what can ya do.

Attachments

• 03F06532-FAA4-49D6-893E-7EC9970E7A28.jpeg
    03F06532-FAA4-49D6-893E-7EC9970E7A28.jpeg
    238.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 65F47229-DBC7-4D4B-9FD5-B158390CCDB8.jpeg
    65F47229-DBC7-4D4B-9FD5-B158390CCDB8.jpeg
    400.2 KB · Views: 69

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride